• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

DNA test and vitamins for newborn?

Hi all My wife has just given birth to a healthy baby boy, which we are incredibly grateful for! We both have some mutations of various methylation genes, so I wanted to get the little guy tested and started on some supplements asap. Am I being paranoid? Should I let nature take its course...
  2. C

my 23andme methylation results...

Guys I've just had some blood work done: Vitamin D: 53 nmol/L (normal: 75-150) (translates to 21 ng/ml) Homocysteine: 11.2 µmol/L (normal: 5.0-12.0) So it's clear that I need to supplement with some D3. I'm starting on 5,000-7,500 IU daily. Is this homocysteine considered high, even though...
  3. C

Thanks @Sherpa. Yeah I saw that post. How would you change your protocol for someone without the MTHFR mutation, or would you not? I had my full thyroid bloods done and they were fine. I will look into the iodine test. I'm a little worried though, as there seem to be a lot of conflicting...
  4. C

Also @richvank and @Freddd
  5. C

Oh, also: - I run at a very low temperature (as low as 95-97 degrees first thing in the morning) - OAT testing showed high a-Keto-B-Methylvalerate (0.39), high Formiminoglutamate (1.4), low Vanilmandelate (1.5) and low Homovanillate (1.7) I will get my homocysteine and vit D levels checked in...
  6. C

Thanks - I will check out the link. You don't see homozygous MAO-A R297R as a potential problem? Should I take folate along with my B12 to ensure proper balance? Can't folate be an issue for people who are homo MAOA? How low a dose of B12 do you recommend I start with? Thank you!
  7. C

Hi all I have done some more research into my results and am pretty much totally overwhelmed with the amount of information out there. Can anyone recommend any docs who are well versed who could help me put together and individualized plan? Preferably without taking 50+ supps daily as the...
  8. C

Great, thanks! Do you see any need for increased folate?
  9. C

Hi all I was hoping for a little help piecing together my results. I have tried searching for some of these individually but i was hoping someone may be able to help me see how they work together and if i should be supplementing / avoiding anything. Here are my genetic genie methylation...