• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. K

Has anyone had balance issues with melatonin use?

Like feeling wobbly, vertigo, unsteadiness on feet? It seems to aggravate my POTS problems these days,
  2. K

Balance issues after 18 months of lowering Acetylcholine with sleep aids

I have been using the antihistamines Nytol and Sominex(diphenhydramine and promethazine) for over 18 months, with 12 months of that being a daily use. I am now having POTS issues I never had before and horrible balance problems. I feel wobbly and slightly dizzy with small head movements. Has...
  3. K

Deconditioning does not explain orthostatic intolerance in ME/CFS (van Campen, Rowe, and Visser, 2021)

POTS can not be caused by lack of exercise otherwise it would be prevelant in hospitals and nursing homes. It is not.
  4. K

I need to sleep! Help !!!!!

wow you may have explained why I have sudden severe insomnia. I have not taken my 3 brain sleep herbs for the last 4 nights, that includes lemon balm.
  5. K

Can anyone have regular good sleep without a medication to help?

Your fitbit is interfering with your sleep! Non native EMF is no beuno. It causes calcium to flood into your mitochondria. Calcium overload in the mitochondria is something doctors like Cheney and Myhill have found CFS patients already have.
  6. K

Zero Evidence That Depression Is Caused by Low Serotonin Levels.....

Administration of 5-HTP alone depletes catecholamines (dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine).
  7. K

Zero Evidence That Depression Is Caused by Low Serotonin Levels.....

I know for me using L trytophan, 5HTP and sominex over 2 years has caused really bad depression due to the neurotransmitters they lower.
  8. K

What has helped you with sleep/insomnia - post links

Codeine makes me me sleepy but wide awake. I am using dl-phenylalanine to combat the effects of long term 5htp and l trytophan but 8 weeks in I am now having sever insomnia. It has just started 1 week after switching to SOlGAR's brand. Last 2 nights I have been wide awake after taking what I...
  9. K

Any type of choline, including sunflower lecithin powder gives me terrible insomnia.
  10. K

Has anyone had negative effects from long term L trytophan and 5HTP?

I have been using these for sleep the last 2 years. I have POTS and now it is much worse, plus I feel down, sometimes really hopeless. I have never had this before the L trytophan and 5htp. I realise these reduce Catecholamines and I think this is the issue. Any thoughts?
  11. K

Using anticholinergics to sleep has made my POTS much worse.
  12. K

How herpesviruses awaken Date: May 4, 2022

I suscribe to terrain theory myself. I am yet to see any evidence for germ theory.
  13. K

$8 Million Clinical Trial of a Mitochondrial Booster Underway in ME/CFS

Your mitochondria power everything. You can breathe and think because your mitochondria power you. ANY disease which is not genetic(only 1%) has mitochondria involved. That is axiomatic.
  14. K

$8 Million Clinical Trial of a Mitochondrial Booster Underway in ME/CFS

Our mitochondria power our bodies. This is an objective fact. So what powers our mitochondria? Not supplements. We did not evolve with supplements. Sunlight is number 1 Cold therapy Earthing Animal fats which build exclusion zone water.
  15. K

Magnesium deficiënt but can't tolerate Magnesium.

Lotion and epsom salt soaks.
  16. K

Arginine and Viruses

None. It vasodilates me too much, I felt really cold. Not for me.
  17. K

l-citrulline boosting energy (and BP!)

Dr Cheney said that is a good thing.
  18. K

Arginine and Viruses

I have just started taking Arginine for POTS. I avoided for years due to believing it could increase so called 'viral load', which I now believe is nonsense.
  19. K

The Gut Microbiome in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) (König et al, 2022)

SAME! Before I ever used antibiotics I was so fit and healthy, never sick or off school even for a day!
  20. K

B2 I love you!

My experience with B2 is that it drives more cells to be made and doesn't have (usually) enough methylfolate , MeCbl and AdoCbl to make the cells and makes for massive fatigue.. Look at the symptoms on the lists at that link and see what yo u have of them. It may tell you something that could...
  21. K

B2 I love you!

Using transdermal b vits ruined my life. The effect was horrible. From now on I am not taking any b1 or synthetic vitamins. Lambs liver covers B2, B12, Vitamin A, Copper and Iron needs. I am going to consume as much organ meats as I Can!
  22. K

B2 I love you!

All B vits I think. I am having this issue now. I only use food based B vitamin supplements, but using them causes B2 to get low and gives me fatigue.
  23. K

Poll: Are you going ahead with a Booster vaccination?

We now have evidence of a plausible biological mechanism of how mRNA vaccine may be contributing to increased cardiac events. The abstract is published in the highest impact cardiology journal so we must take these findings very seriously ‘’We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase...
  24. K

If you had a 100.000 dollar gift card for testing & treatments what would you do?

Honestly our environments create our health. I am at the point I do not even bother with any testing or seeing any doctors, and I have seen most of the top ones(in cfs, supposedly). In the UK they are planning to poison all our water with flouride. First thing is to have a whole house filter...