• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Anyone treating oxalates /on a low oxalate diet?

I have just come across this and I am going to give it a go. While reading up about recent info on Pyroluria which I tested positive for 10 years ago I came across this problem with Oxalates. Recently I ran out of cacao powder and noticed a big reduction in pain. And I have been sure for ages...
  2. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Yes mine is counter top. I’m in Australia so brand name won’t mean anything. But that doesn’t matter because it’s just a casing to hold the different filters. I bought mine from a water filter shop and disconnect it from the tap and take it to this guy who changes the filters over.
  3. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Just checking out Kwasniewski . https://high-fat-nutrition.blogspot.com/2008/03/kwasniewski-praise-lard.html " Vinka Peschak starts each day by knocking back a full cup of heavy whipping cream. ...In the middle of the day she might have a cup of coffee, "but only with a lot of heavy whipping...
  4. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@ Richard7 I do those sorts of exercises while sitting on the computer waiting for pages to load. Turn head to right, to left etc. I didn't notice anything when taking d- Ribose but maybe I didn't take enough. Interesting about the inositol because one of the original reasons I went vegan was...
  5. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I don't know about the science of any of this but when I was vegan and someone suggested I increase my protein with pea protein I felt an improvement. And then when three others (health professionals/therapists) had suggested I needed to eat meat to get better and I did I felt better again. (two...
  6. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have been wondering what carb level people are doing. I was trying to do around 20 g and at the same time reducing the amount of meat I was eating from carnivore, but didn't feel very good so I have upped the carb a bit. I didn't do well when I increased fat. So maybe I will go back to...
  7. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have no idea. But I bet you are confused about what to do next. I haven't had full on food poisoning but have had a stomach bug or something, just a bit of cramping then diarrhea for maybe an hour. No mucus or air bubbles.
  8. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I can't see why not outdamnspot. Some people do carnivore raw successfully. For me it would be something I would need to get my head around first though.
  9. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@ outdamnspot,IMO it's hard to know whats doing what. At the moment I don't know if I feel crappier from something I ate or I have done too much. I don't know what country you are in but kangaroo mince is very lean, it's cheap here in Oz. I have read that it's best to slowly increase the...
  10. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@Rufous McKinney I can't do raw foods either. An occasional salad is fine but also I find them unsatisfying, always hungry afterwards. Can't do cold foods either except in the height of summer. I was vegan when I first got CFS and starting feeling better when starting eating meat. When I was...
  11. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I am reading Heal Your Gut by Lee Holmes as someone on a FB group is doing the protocol and finding benefits in less than a week. The protocol starts off with slippery elm powder porridge and liquid foods - soups, smoothies, teas. I'm not going to do it because I don't have gut problems. I just...
  12. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I'll have to look out for some. Maybe the butcher I go to could cut it with the fat on. I am not feeling like desperate for a sleep this afternoon. I've only had 2 cups bone broth with a little bit of coconut milk. Most unusual.
  13. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have never seen lamb breast. Is is fatty? I buy the forequarter lamb chops as they are the fattiest and the cheapest. Are you managing to eat enough fat according to PKD. I tested positive for Pyroluria and when I took the B6 and Zinc my anxiety went away. But now that I have created this...
  14. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Yep, brisket is best long and slow. I do lamb roasts for that length of time and it is still quite pink inside. That is very cheap the brisket on the bone. The cheapest meat I buy is kangaroo mince $10.00 kilo but it's very lean so I add lamb fat to it. Sometimes I can buy lamb bones from...
  15. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@Richard7 I mentioned the Vit A because that is the one I remembered off the top of my head as being very high in Liver. Yes I had heard about Yukult being high in glucose. I find that strange because I have heard that yoghurt with sugar is to be avoided as far as probiotics go. I checked...
  16. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@Richard7 Maybe your body has enough Vit A from the liver and doesn't want anymore. Good to hear that the yakult is helping. I haven't heard that probiotics helps with anxiety or POTS before.
  17. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Yeah I wouldn't be bothered doing it either, don't believe in making more work for myself. Same with juicing and smoothies. They both would leave me hungry anyway.
  18. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@outdamnspot I vaguely remember reading somewhere on line that to avoid histamine in mince you need to grind it yourself fresh. But don't quote me I have read that only once. When I was doing carnivore stools were always black, infrequent and small especially compare to when I was vegan. I...
  19. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@BeADocToGoTo1 thanks for the info. I will read your post later. I have too many tabs open already. :) When I buy offal I only buy organic for the reasons you mentioned. I don't eat much beef, I can get grass fed whole rumps for a reasonable price. But mostly eat lamb and kangaroo mince. I...
  20. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Does anyone test their ketones? Some authors highly recommend it.
  21. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I couldn't eat offal while on carnivore but it's not a problem with veg. I may have/had gut damage from eating grains but I haven't eaten any for probably 5 years. Bone broth is suppose to help with healing the gut which I consume regularly. I woke early this morning with a heaviness on my...
  22. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

outdamnspot I don't have any problem eating liver. This Keto doesn't seem to be agreeing with me. I am always hungry. I ate cheese which I don't think agrees with me, I am not sure, but that made me constipated. So I stopped that and tried to eat more fat, well that gave me diarrhea. I think...
  23. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@Richard7 Yes I saw that, 30 euro. Not cheap and not knowing how much info they are going to give you or read any reviews. How do you know that what they are saying online is true? Most books giving this sort of info are under $30.00. I am able to get most of these sorts of books from the...
  24. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have been looking at the Paleomedicina site. They don't give much away. Without dairy, nuts and coconut oil it would be difficult to get the recommended amount of fat unless you deep fry everything in something like lard. And I find it strange that you can have herbs but not herbal tea.
  25. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

@Richard7 Good to hear that you are making progress. I hardly take any supps, never found they helped, just going to slowly use them up.
  26. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Yes Richard, a lot of the problem with these sort of statements is that it is hard to isolate things. Like all the hooah about fats - now which fats are we talking about? And what else were people eating at the same time? MCT oils may cause inflammation in a high carb diet? But what about a low...
  27. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have never been able to do Buteyko or Wim Hof breathing as I found it tiring. Also wanted to add to my post above that I found it interesting that the PKD, Zsofia Clemens states in an interview that MCT and coconut oil etc are inflammatory but I wouldn't think that Terry Wahl would eat or...
  28. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

Richard7. Have you started this paleo keto woe? It seems that with this paleo keto diet, organ meat is essential. That's the only difference that I see to carnivore. I haven't been doing well on carnivore. About a month ago I lost my appetite. . I am only eating about 1/2 the meat that I was...
  29. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

QUOTE="ChrisD, post: 1022216, member: 29418"] Here is a recent MS recovery story: http://meatheals.com/2019/01/01/catherine-c/ Terry Wahl improved greatly from MS with a Paleo diet and has written a book on it and is doing research. I did do her 9 cups of veg for quite awhile but didn't notice...
  30. L

Carnivore Diet for ME?

I have never tested my ketones and I can't remember stuff like that. . I am just trying it to see what happens. Some symptoms have gone away - dizziness and that feeling like my brain is swollen. When I ate other foods, I had to eat a lot of food as it never satisfied me. Could never do a salad...