• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. joejack102

What will the cure look like someday?

I'm convinced beyond any doubt that in my lifetime we will see a discovery of the root cause for ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/POTS/Dysautonomia... My question for everyone is: What do you imagine the cure will look like? I'm not talking about a temporary fix or pill that "masks" the problem...
  2. joejack102

Choline causes brainfog

I apologize for bumping an old post, but these same reactions to CDP Choline and Choline Bitrate and other similar supplements are exactly what I have posted about. I have not found an antidote to this reaction.
  3. joejack102

POLL: Are you a primarily mouth breather or nose breather?

Have you been tested via an overnight sleep study for sleep apnea? I had no clue or signs that I had it until I was tested, and it came back in the severe category.
  4. joejack102

Valtrex side effects

LINK TO TREAD: Valtrex and increased heart rate? https://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/valtrex-and-increased-heart-rate.43146/ I've personally never taken it, but I did find that post above about it. I must say that sounds like an alarming increase in heart rate. I recommend...
  5. joejack102

Heart Disease and POTS/CFS

My concern is due to the excess stress from chronically high adrenaline in POTS patients and the excess strain POTS syndrome puts on the cardiovascular system in the longterm. If anybody sees any medical studies or literature on this topic, please share.
  6. joejack102

Heart Disease and POTS/CFS

I have POTS and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Is there a greater, lesser, or equal risk of eventually getting heart disease for people with these conditions? Is there any hard-data, evidence, articles, or medical studies that address this? Considering that 1 our of every 4 people die of heart...
  7. joejack102

In my opinion, this is not safe. Our mouth is supposed to be a backup in case our nose gets obstructed so that we don’t die. Also, I found out recently that I have obstructive sleep apnea. I highly suggest everybody get tested through a sleep study (even a take-home sleep study device)...
  8. joejack102

choline deficiency or choline insufficiency syndrome

Thank you so much, @Wayne! I'm still reading all this, but it is very helpful!!! Thanks for keeping my situation in mind and for understanding!
  9. joejack102

B12 causing insane anxiety, racing thoughts, and jitteriness!

I would issue a strong warning that nobody consider trying B12 supplementation in any form. I have now tried both methylcobalamin and cyanocobalamin on multiple occasions, and it honestly left me severely anxious to the point where I felt like I was going crazy! It made me ready to jump out of...
  10. joejack102

B12 causing insane anxiety, racing thoughts, and jitteriness!

I'm taking 500mcg (five-hundred micrograms) of Cyanocobalamin B12. It is causing me to experience quite a significant level of anxiety, racing thoughts, and jitteriness. Is there a chance or likelihood that it is just my body "getting adjusted to it" and that these symptoms will disappear if I...
  11. joejack102

For those with POTS, Chronic Fatigue, Autonomic Dysfunction, etc... PLEASE VOTE ABOVE: Are you primarily a mouth breather or nose breather (when you breath without thinking)? The purpose of this poll is to determine if there is any correlation with breathing abnormalities and these disorders.
  12. joejack102

Methyl-B12 Reactions? (methylcobalamin)

Anybody have extreme insane anxiety feeling from it?
  13. joejack102

@Runner5 Any form of the methyl version, so yes, that one counts too! :)
  14. joejack102

This post is very specific to the Methyl format of B12. Have you taken it? If so, what did you notice? Was it helpful? Was it dangerous? Did you experience side effects? If so, what side effects did you experience? Did you have to discontinue or are you still taking it? Also, please vote...
  15. joejack102

Emergency, Please Help

@robinhood12345 I think it caused a biochemical imbalance or vitamin imbalance, because since POTS patents have an blocked or inhibited parasympathetic nervous system, something isn't balancing like it normally would.
  16. joejack102

Emergency, Please Help

You don’t understand. I already had an emergency problem before. Medications and herbs would have a strength of 1,000x’s on me. This is not normal. Progressively this decreased due to my Choline usage which directly and progressively made me less& less sensitive until now where it’s the...
  17. joejack102

I still need serious help! Choline & Sensitivity to Meds....

LINK: http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005 This article is from this same website, Phoenix Rising...
  18. joejack102

Some symptoms drastically improved though while others got worse. Did you see my response? Fatigue got much worse, and sensitivities got much better. Underlying condition is still there. Visit https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3390096/ I never said this was a theory for...
  19. joejack102

Worsened symptoms and improved others, not the underlying condition. Usually, I would gain a fantastic and beneficial fresh new "look" at my situation from new people. Once the thread got overly complicated (nobody has time to read 12 pages worth of comments), it was easier for me to try to...
  20. joejack102

;) To @mariovitali @kangaSue and @LINE , Thank you very much for your posts. I'm reviewing all of your input, and it seems very helpful. Especially the advice on supplements and the liver. :) :D Followup question for @LINE, in terms of the liver, is there something that excess Choline could...
  21. joejack102

@Hip Some of those post go back to DECEMBER 2016... Not to mention that I NEVER ONCE said that Choline triggered by disease, and I said Choline reduced my sensitivities, not increased. @Hip Know what's not good etiquette... Criticizing somebody for posting too much without having your facts...
  22. joejack102

There's a major difference between being a "slow metabolizer" versus being hypersensitive. Hypersensitive = effects happen immediately and are 100x's exaggerated Slow Metabolizer = effects are 1 to 1, however after days of continuous long-term use, drugs accumulate since they are broken down...
  23. joejack102

I had posted several months ago, but I'm still suffering. I still have not found relief. Long story short... I have POTS/Dysautonomia/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Starting at an early age, I was extremely sensitive to medications and herbals remedies. 1mg of a drug was as if I had 100mg. I...
  24. joejack102

Do you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea?

Do you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea? Please vote in the actual poll above. I'm trying to see if there is a link between POTS/CFS with sleep apnea.
  25. joejack102

Exercise Cure for POTS

Can we prove this? Is there a study that shows a backslide or return of POTS once the exercise program was discontinued after POTS was eliminated?
  26. joejack102

Exercise Cure for POTS

I was told that getting in extraordinary good fitness/physical shape has actually eliminated POTS in patients? My question is: Does this just mean the diagnostic criteria have improved to a sub-diagnostic level or does the indicate a permanent elimination in the underlying autonomic disorder...
  27. joejack102

choline deficiency or choline insufficiency syndrome

Read all my posts about taking Choline supplements. It gave me LONG TERM fatigue that I am STILL working on figuring out how to reverse.
  28. joejack102

Acetylcholine caused crash

It does not. No. I’ve tried Benadryl and antihistamines many times and they made me feel awful every time. There is some other nutrient or ingredient involved with Choline in my opinion. Ever since taking Choline, I stopped being sensitive to medications so much so that meds don’t even work...
  29. joejack102

Acetylcholine Induced MAJOR LONG-TERM FATIGUE!!!

How? Why should/would this work?
  30. joejack102

Acetylcholine Induced MAJOR LONG-TERM FATIGUE!!!

Hello everyone, I had used different Choline supplements (specifically Choline Bitartrate & CDP-Choline) several years back. After continuous use, they reduced my sensitivities to meds, however the Choline supplements left me chronically and majorly fatigued... seemingly permanently...