• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Tests to request?

So maybe just the homocysteine test is needed. If I have high homocysteine, I'll need to be put on blood thinners. They also may try to prescribe me Metanx too, but if I'm sensitive to methyl donors (and it seems I am SNP-wise and experience wise), I may need to go another route with folate...
  2. D

Tests to request?

Hello all, I have been going through IVF for the last year and recently found out I was compound heterozygous MTHFR. So, I called my RE (reproductive endocrinologist) and she said that it's only a concern if my homocysteine levels are high and that I should just take 1mg "folic acid" for the...
  3. D

Advice for mercury chelation protocol?

Thanks giantme. That is the kind of start I am looking for. (Telling me to be proactive and Google is kind of condescending. I'm sorry, but part of my research is getting feedback from real people who have been through this stuff. Maybe this forum is not where I should be if I'm just going to...
  4. D

No, I wasn't aware there were different types of mercury chelation.
  5. D

Please Comment on my Methylation Profile

Thanks Sherpa! I'll check it out.
  6. D

Please Comment on my Methylation Profile

Wow, you have the same homozygous mutations I have, except I also have MTRR A66G. I just ordered some hydroxyB12 because after adding methylB12, I have been having the worst mood swings and anxiety today. I'm also going to try folinic acid instead of methylfolate to see if that cuts down on...
  7. D

Hello all, I'm a new user with my own methylation issues I'm trying to sort out (haha), but I'm writing this on behalf of my father who just had all his dental fillings removed and need to start some kind of chelation protocol. Is there any recommendations out there or resources we can start...