• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. corni

In silico analysis of exercise intolerance in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome

An EBV infection can be as ordinary as a normal flu. In my case, I only knew 3 month later that it was EBV and not just a flu. But there are EBV-unrelated cases, too. Wouldn't it be too simple otherwise? :P
  2. corni

In silico analysis of exercise intolerance in myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome

I think it is most likely that the primary cause is somewhere in the immunological response to viruses (like EBV). The following article shows that there seems to be something wrong with the memory B cells for EBV specifically (also from Germany :) , though generally we are quite behind in CFS...
  3. corni

Thank you for the warm welcome. :) I think with ribose it is the same as with many other supplements, which sound very promising in theory, but in practice you can't really tell how well they work since there are so many other factors like sleep, hormones etc.
  4. corni

I'm the author of this article. I am happy to see it being discussed already here. If you are interested, the full text is available for free from here: http://authors.elsevier.com/a/1QuQW14YsaFG8s until June,8 (after that just write me a mail). The paper about EBV inducing CFS has a really...