• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. G

Instantaneous effect from Methylfolate/B12?

Hi Freddd, this is a great find and one I think relevant to me and many others. When do you think you'll be putting out your writeup of Lithium?
  2. G

Unfolded Protein Response and A Possible Treatment for CFS

Would you mind briefly explaining the rationale behind each of the supplements in this list from items 2-4 and how they tie back into bile acid supplementation and your theories? I am in the category of people which see improvement on jarrow bile acid factors but don't respond favorably to...
  3. G

I'm taking the l-selenomethionine in doses of 100mcg/day.
  4. G

Thanks for all your contributions so far @mariovitali. I had a strange reaction to some of your supps I would like your opinion on. So I already had methylation supplements in place. As soon as I added TUDCA, ALPHA-GPC, and selenium around a week ago, I am experiencing increased fatigue, reduced...
  5. G

Glandulars Brand

@ahmo Thanks for sharing your experience. Were the glandulars part of recovery for you or were they mostly a band-aid for symptoms? I'm pretty certain I have some sort of HPA-axis dysregulation which manifests itself in poor sleep, poor concentration, anxiety, depression, fluctuating energy...
  6. G

Glandulars Brand

I'm looking to try some glandulars, but need help deciding on a brand. I have found that swanson has all the glandulars I am looking for cheaply. I'm looking specifically at the hypothalamus glandulars and notice that this one from nutricology...
  7. G

NAC and NAG bad reaction connected to ACAT?

Thanks Val. Out of curiosity, has the link between CBS SNPs and sulfur tolerance been disproved? In any case, regardless of whether the connection has been proven or disproven, I'm fairly confident I've identified sulfur intolerance in my case. Are you aware of any test specifically for sulfur...
  8. G

I think I've found the real cause. I had simultaneously raised consumption of turmeric according to the same thread by @Hip . The common thread between turmeric and NAC is that they both are high in free thiols according to some posts of @caledonia . Not surprisingly my symptoms line up exactly...
  9. G

I'm hoping someone more knowledgable may be able to have some insight into this issue. I took NAC supplements a while back and had a bad reaction to the supplement. I had severe lightheadedness, headache, muscle tension, difficulty breathing, and anxiety. I assumed I was just a poor responder...
  10. G

Instantaneous effect from Methylfolate/B12?

@Aerose91 Did Freddd ever pin down a cause for your mb12 intolerance? I'm going through something similar...
  11. G

Comment by 'GreatGig' in 'My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol'

What is the reason that adob12 and meb12 need to be spaced apart?