• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Thank you very much for your previous reply. In reply to your question, I hope this isn't too much information. My wife is lucky enough to rate a capital "A" for her Ataxia - specifically Cerebellar Ataxia which means damage to the cerebellum. A lower case "a" ataxia is a...
  2. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Freddd, Welcome back!:balloons: Sorry about the family problems but they do have a way of forcing you to pay attention. Due to a recent unexpected major decline in my wife's neurological condition I have had to become a 24x7 caregiver and am trying to cope with a hurricane of lifestyle...
  3. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Kerrilyn, I think the answer is found on Freddd's updated summary page at the following site: http://forums.wrongdiagnosis.com/showthread.php?t=62327 Here are two relevant sections: You might want to reread that entire section even though it has much of the same information as...
  4. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Richvank, Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I somehow overlooked your reply. Thank you for the quick reply. I think there are common problems among the major neurological diseases and B12, folate deficiencies in the brain are among them. I know this site is dedicated to CFS but I think a...
  5. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Yes, a number of years ago. It's immunomodulation seemed less well understood than other methods so we gave it a pass at the time. We may revisit in the future but for the moment CNS mB12, aB12 and mFolate seem a far better bet. Thanks for reminding me though! CFSBear
  6. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Freddd and others, My wife has been following Freddd's protocol for about two months and is up to 50 mg single dose sublingual aB12 in the morning, mB12 at bedtime and oral mFolate each time. I expect she will get a prescription soon for SC injections of mB12. She has had the serious...
  7. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Rich, Good call! I was busy using using my narrow field binoculars:Retro rolleyes: to concentrate on my wife's potential B12 deficiency in the brain. Maybe this will get some more people tested for Celiac Disease or problems with intrinsic factor when it indicates an upstream problem...
  8. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Ratio of methyl-B12, adenosyl-B12 and methyl-folate in large daily doses Hi Freddd, My wife has the neurological disease Cerebellar Ataxia but also has some B12 deficiency symptoms in her feet. She may have trouble absorbing ingested B12 because of previous H2 blocker drugs and potential...
  9. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

New B12 blood test: Active-B12 (holoTC) This is my first post and I have not had time to read the entire thread in reverse yet so I don't know if the new B12 test has been discussed. There is a new B12 test that was created by Axis Shield in the EU and licensed to Abbott Labs who has...