• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Hyperwind

Magnesium Threonate is like Speed!

Is there anybody else who can give a review of MgT? I am once again on it, but recommended 3 capsules per day (2000 mg MgT=144 mg Mg2+) is really a very low dose. I am using 8 to 12 capsules per day (384 to 576 mg Mg2+ per day = 5336 to 8004 mg MgT). Smoothly stimulating, especially for...
  2. Hyperwind

Always take CONTEXT in account to filter the effect from life itself. Food, emotion, stress etc. If I haven’t slept much and eaten a heavy meal I’ll feel sleepy no matter what)
  3. Hyperwind

Not sedation, surely. Also, the effect is highly dependent on the health of your small intestine.
  4. Hyperwind

I surely am not patient enough to do all of that, especially every day (and magnesium is easily and rapidly excreted).
  5. Hyperwind

Soaking in bath? No, i didn't. Yes, I believe there is some absorption through skin but it's really uncontrolled and negligible. Possibly even a placebo effect.
  6. Hyperwind

There is an extremely interesting new wave of research linking genetics, magnesium and EBV (Epstein-Barr Virus) persistence. There, magnesium THREONATE is proposed as an intracellular-transportable form of Mg2+ for those suffering from this genetic defect...
  7. Hyperwind

One important thing: if you are or have been smoking/quitting - ALWAYS account for that when evaluating any medicine you began taking. Nicotine and nicotine withdrawal is one of the most powerful psychoactive factors.
  8. Hyperwind

On MgT again. After MgGlycinate that sedated me A LOT Quite the contrary, MgT is stimulating. I tend to take it several times before 3pm I am inclined to consider threonate part a potent psychostimulator. Pity there aren't any research on threonic acid effect on CNS.
  9. Hyperwind

Mb12 made me feel angry

I had the same reaction to 5mg (5000mcg) Jarrow lozenges. I clearly overdosed and took 1-2 EVERY day for 2 weeks. I felt exponentially angrier, much more irritated and aggressive. Now it's 12 hours I'm off it and still angry.
  10. Hyperwind

One capsule one time is about nothing at all)) You could've get tired just from anything else that happenned to you at that time) Try at least the recommended 3 capsules for several days and see.
  11. Hyperwind

I am on and off MgT. it is stimulating when I take 2000mg or more MgT per day (sometimes 4000 which is 288 Mg2+ which is ok). Stimulating. At times even too much so)
  12. Hyperwind

One capsule of LE or SN-branded MgT is 667mg of MgT which is mere 48mg of Mg2+ I experienced what I witnessed above when: 1) I took it more than 2 weeks AND/OR 2) I took 5 capsules or so which is >3g of MgT therefore 240mg Mg2+, keep in mind that FDA-recommended daily intake for an average adult...
  13. Hyperwind

I experience the same. Magnesium L-Threonate is strongly stimulating with a prolonged effect. Last year i'd been taking it for 2 months (3-4 capsules 667mg each a day) and for some moment I even lost my sleep at all))) I cut on MgT for a while a I was able to sle again though that stimulating...