• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Derek Conklin

Express your feelings of being hand cuffed to your bed!

I like your positive and adventurous mind Lenora! Yes Paris, croissants, and tea or coffee! :angel::)
  2. Derek Conklin

Thank you! Yes I Love to read story's like that too! Here is another touching story that is really good that is like us! This is a story from a book written in 1875 by a man named Robert Boyd. It's called the "Trials and Triumphs of Faith." It's put me in tears, more than once. A man tells us...
  3. Derek Conklin

Yes, thank you for sharing your good moans! I think I should post about our good moans too! :)I'd love to see your garden. Do you have any pics of it?
  4. Derek Conklin

I really like your comment of being cuffed in your chair. Now I don't feel so alone and so bad about my cuffed moments! So glad that you can have some happy moments looking out your window! Oh......this makes me think of a little story I read a bit ago that touched my heart with a few tears of...
  5. Derek Conklin

Is your worst fatigue in the morning too?

Yes, mine is also worse in the morning. Mornings are the most depressing part of the day for me, for this is when I am the sickest, and the weakest! It takes many times 3 or 4 hours just for me to get up to pee and feed my dog! Lol....
  6. Derek Conklin

I'd be very interested in hearing what you go through and feel while in one sense being hand cuffed to your bed. I'll share a few of my daily feelings of being hand cuffed to me bed. You know that no one who has ME/CFS can come close to understanding or knowing what it's like for us to be hand...
  7. Derek Conklin

Finding some purpose in writing prisoners while in bed!

Yes, for so many years I've been so consumed in the grief of my loses and sickness, that it was so hard to be happy to see and help some one else in need. This opportunity is almost more of a blessing to me than to the receiving end. Rufous, I'd also like to thank you for all the 10,000 people...
  8. Derek Conklin

Overtired pre-crash

Yes, for me I'm so tired of trying to keep tabs of my crashes, which are almost all the time, I just try to make things happen even when I'm pretty sick, which is most of the time. But I suffer dearly for a week or more after trying to push myself during a pre-crash, then punish myself for it...
  9. Derek Conklin

Finding some purpose in writing prisoners while in bed!

Hi, I'm finding some new purpose and joy in serving others by writing to some prisoners in different parts of the US. I'm sharing how that everyone is in some sort of a prison, or has been in one before, and am finding out how much inner healing there is in getting off the pity pot, and reaching...
  10. Derek Conklin

A Big Thank You To My Loving Family Here!

:bouquet:Thank you so much for your encouragement today! Yes, I'm looking forward to starting with the LDN soon! Thank you for your caring Love and support today! It means a lot! :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet::tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip::bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:
  11. Derek Conklin

Thank you dear! Much Love! :angel::hug::heart::heart::tulip::tulip::heart::heart::hug::angel:
  12. Derek Conklin

Thank you Mary!!! :heart::heart::heart::angel::angel::hug::hug::angel::angel::heart::heart:
  13. Derek Conklin

Thank you Ginger! Yes it is, and now I will be able to get on some b-12, b-6, and some LDN and others things that I've never been able to afford! Lots of warm and Loving hugs for you! :hug::hug::heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::hug::hug::heart::heart::hug::hug:
  14. Derek Conklin

Yes, Thank you Tammy so much! :hug::hug::tulip::tulip::tulip::hug::hug:
  15. Derek Conklin

Yes, Thank you so much!
  16. Derek Conklin

Thanks Alex! :thumbsup: true!
  17. Derek Conklin

Thank you Sea!!! :tulip::tulip::tulip::tulip:
  18. Derek Conklin

I just wanted to give a warm Thank You, to my family here and to all the Special Golden Hearted :trophy::heart::trophy: People, who have reached out with such Love and Compassion to encourage me with their prayers and kindness! I'm currently doing better with the help of all your Love and...
  19. Derek Conklin

Hi, I'm new here! I need spiritual encouragement, but also have some to give!

Hi Lisa, Thank you for your kind reply! I am glad you were blessed! Sorry for taking so long getting back to you. Its been awhile since I've been here! Hoping and praying that you will have a blessed day, in the midst of the trials your going through! And always know that your welcome to PM me...
  20. Derek Conklin

Prayer Tree for January & February 2015

Thank you Ginger! :tulip::tulip::tulip:
  21. Derek Conklin

HELP! Any success with sleep Apnea exercises?

:cry::tulip: Hi Ginger, sorry for not replying! I didn't get a notice that I had a new message here! Thank you again for your caring encouragement! :tulip: I'm using oxygen now, but don't think it is helping my severe sleep apnea at all! Next week they are suppose to be bringing me a oxygen...
  22. Derek Conklin

CFS and dogs barking, the telephone, neighbor's loud music, ect........

Thank you for sharing. That made me giggle!! :) :bouquet:
  23. Derek Conklin

Thank you for your reply and help! Yes I will get some muffs!
  24. Derek Conklin

Thank you Tammy for your story and reply! I Love the idea of having our bed in our very own cave!:):thumbsup::)