• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Blasto with few symptoms and a GI Test showing low levels

Thanks so much. I have seen that post and it's a very good post. I'm not sure, but that may have even been the post that encouraged me to go with Saccharomyces Boulardii. I do generally have an aversion to killing stuff that won't harm me, so my hope was to confirm if my blasto was pathogenic...
  2. N

Thank you. Very helpful information. I've looked for a lab that can analyze my blasto to decide what strain it is without success. I've emailed the folks here to request an analysis of my strain...
  3. N

A few years ago in a GI Effects GI Test, I came up positive for Blastocystis Hominis aka Blasto. I also had off the charts Candida Albicans overgrowth. At that point, I had frequent sore throats, needed lots of sleep, a little on edge, but no horrible symptoms. I cut all added sugar, caffeine...
  4. N

Blasto - who has tried triple therapy cocktail

I'm currently doing 1,000 mg of Nitazoxinide (double the recommended dose) as recommended by my doctor. I opted for this rather than the triple therapy because I've been told the triple has nasty sides. If this doesn't work I'll consider the triple therapy. I'm also continuing herbals for 6-8...