• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Perrin/lymph drainage/massage: makes sense or not?

Perhaps I was a little hard on Dr Perrin. To put it in context, in the last decade or so new ways of identifying and visualising the lymphatic system has led to an explosion of scientific interest in its functions and activity, whilst quite separately and not reflecting this new knowledge, it...
  2. H

Lymph Node Characteristics

A swollen lymph node may be a sign of something serious, but is more likely a sign that it is functioning healthily and is dealing with a virus or bacterium, and should be allowed to get on with this natural process. Lymph nodes vary in characteristics throughout the body, therefore comparing...
  3. H

Perrin/lymph drainage/massage: makes sense or not?

Hi, have just watched Perrin's lecture on You Tube. In this he takes bits of information and manipulates them to support his argument. His descriptions of the lymphatic system are very partial and frequently inaccurate. Where to start?! Very dubious.
  4. H

Lymphagen concern

To clarify, 'manual lymph drainage' i.e. MLD isn't the same as Perrin technique or lymphatic drainage massage. MLD is based on a deep understanding of the lymphatic system, requires proper training and skill and experience to perform. Unfortunately anyone can claim to do it as the terms...