• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Opiates and central sensitivity

Re: low dose naltrexone. TrixieStix mentioned having tried Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone. You said you had bad side effects, but I really do feel like I'd like to try it before once again increasing my opiate doseage. I've done some basic research on the web and was about to call my pharmacist, but...
  2. N

Onset associated with Exercise ?

I'm not sure. I've done a lot of reading about this condition, but I have brain fog, deluxe edition, so I can't remember what I learned where. I have seen people link the condition to mono (I had a very severe case when I was in college). Ever since that time, any time I would get overly tired...
  3. N

Onset associated with Exercise ?

This is strictly anecdotal, but I was a gym rat before I became sick. I'd trained regularly for about eight years. I had begun to slow down in the last year; it became harder and harder to drag myself to the gym, and I couldn't lift as much or work out as long. I don't think I overtrained - I...
  4. N

Cause of Death among Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

Thanks for your reply. I hope everything turns out okay for you. Would you keep me posted? One of the first thing I noticed was an old lesion on my abdomen that started changing. I'm really hesitant to go to a dermatologist. The energy it takes to do that is something I just don't have right...
  5. N

Cause of Death among Patients with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

I'm really hoping someone here can help me with this. I suffered with undiagnosed ME/CFS for two and a half years before finding a doctor who looked at my years of tests, took a 45-minute history and pretty much knew immediately what the problem was. To his credit, he did do a couple of things...