• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Jlc26

IGeneX Results negative what does this mean?

The WB as shown above also showed bands 39,41, and 83-93. I had heard that the urine antigen test was often false positive for people in the past, but I don't think the PCR test would be a false positive. Is that right? I assume if Lyme treatment works, I will have a herx. Igenex says that a...
  2. Jlc26

I just came back positive for lyme via urine PCR. I've been put on Minocycline and Plaquenil. I have not noticed any difference so far. Has anyone here had success with antibiotics?
  3. Jlc26

Lyme and Tinnitus

Little Bluestem, that's interesting about the Ginkgo. I have not read anything relating that to helping with Tinnitus. I'm glad that works for you! Best of luck to you Vojta. I have heard of some Lyme patients who have their tinnitus symptoms improve after antibiotics. Hoping that will be...
  4. Jlc26

Lyme Urine Antigen Test

That's great that the night sweats and fevers went away. Do you think that the antibiotics contributed to a further development of CFS symptoms, or something else? I have heard that some people have negative side effects after taking long term antibiotics.
  5. Jlc26

Lyme Urine Antigen Test

Interesting. How much better are you now than you were before taking the abx?
  6. Jlc26

Ozone for Lyme, is it safe and effective?

Has anyone had experience doing ozone insufflation, or drinking ozone infused water? Is it all it's hyped up to be, and is it safe? I have not tried ozone therapy because I read about the side effects and various risks; that it isn't safe to inhale, have around pets or children, etc...
  7. Jlc26

Lyme and Tinnitus

Has anyone had success lessening their Lyme tinnitus or getting rid of it? What methods or supplements may be helpful?
  8. Jlc26

Lyme Urine Antigen Test

I'm still waiting for the results. I was told it may take a month. How long did it take for your LUAT results to come back?
  9. Jlc26

Lyme Urine Antigen Test

Thank you for the reply. I was put on 5 days of Zithromax prior to collecting the samples for the 3 day LDA. I noticed no difference in my symptoms while on the antibiotics. What antibiotics were you put on for the challenge, and did you feel any better or worse while on them? Good to know...
  10. Jlc26

Ok, great. Thank you! I will ask my doctor about it.
  11. Jlc26

Thank you Ema, Vojta, and Martial! The iSpot is the same test as the LTT-Melisa for Lyme right? They basically both test for the T-cell response/memory. How did you get the LTT/iSpot/Elispot test in the United States, and how much does it cost?
  12. Jlc26

Lyme Urine Antigen Test

Has anyone had a positive LUAT or LDA urine test after coming back negative for all other Lyme tests? Or, has anyone had the LUAT or LDA test? Does it result in many false negatives?
  13. Jlc26

My Igenex Results are negative. My doctor is following up with a Lyme urine antigen test. The Igenex report says that bands 41 and 83-93 are cross reactive for viruses HSV, EBV, HCV, and Syphilis, so because 39 was not a +, the results say that I am negative for Lyme. I am negative for...
  14. Jlc26

23andme Dopamine receptors mutations

Does anyone know what supplements might help with DRD2, DRD3, DDC, and DBH polymorphisms? I have many homozygous snps for all of these from mthfrsupport. I have had anxiety, depression, and CNS problems for years. How might these polymorphisms be contributing?