• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Living in a van is working, sorta...'

Thanks for the update. You are never forgotten. Big hugs :)
  2. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Food and stuff'

You are on my mind and heart even though I am fairly inactive on this forum. HUGS!
  3. Snez

Tooth enamel loss

I get the tooth mousse from my dentist (in Australia) here is the link to the product http://www.breezecare.com.au/ausshop/recaldent-tooth-mousse.html?gclid=CLeBrbqCqrACFVGZpAodASRDSg There may be a similar product if you live outside Australia, I wonder if your dentist can help you with...
  4. Snez

Tooth enamel loss

Hi, On the advice of a dentist I've reversed tooth enamel loss in the past by applications of tooth mousse and xylitol gel, also chewing xylitol chewing gum. Hope this helps.
  5. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Can we talk about dying?'

Dear MEG, I much admire your fortitude and strength in the face of failing organs and health. I'm sorry that you are going through so much and knowing that your greatest suffering is that of limited contact with your beloved family. I'm glad you are taking so much pleasure and joy from the...
  6. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Imagine'

Oh Lisa, I'm so happy for you. I'm imagining it all and am way beyond pleased that your life has taken this sudden and delightful turn. Happy hugs :-)
  7. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'A Record of Blessings'

Hi Dainty, I have also read One Thousand Gifts and have found it immensely helpful spiritually. Although I have been practising thankfulness on a regular basis this book provides such fantastic encouragement and reads so beautifully too. It certainly has cemented thankfulness as a worthwhile...
  8. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Life is an Ever Changing Wonder'

Big hugs and lots of support for the next stage in your life and all the planning involved in this. :)
  9. Snez

What is your diet like? Do you follow a specific one?

I'm on a Paleo type diet- mainly vegies and meat, some nuts and good fats (including virgin coconut oil), only small amounts of fruits due to fructose malabsorption. I also have fresh green juices every day and aim to have at least 50% of my food in raw form. I seem to do much better on this, my...
  10. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Unleashing the Freak.'

Dear Spitfire, My heart reaches out to you in your pain. I ache inside for the suffering this illness and other people's unhelpful reactions (and non-reactions) has brought into your life. I'm sorry that there is no-one to wipe your brow and treat you with the kindness and gentleness that you...
  11. Snez

Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed to Reduce Cancer Risk

Oops.... sorry Hope love light I see you've posted this in your blog! :)
  12. Snez

Higher Vitamin D Intake Needed to Reduce Cancer Risk

From the journal Anticancer Research- We found that daily intakes of vitamin D by adults in the range of 4000-8000 IU are needed to maintain blood levels of vitamin D metabolites in the range needed to reduce by about half the risk of several diseases - breast cancer, colon cancer, multiple...
  13. Snez

Vit A: Immune system links

Vitamin A: the key to a tolerant immune system? The following article by Michael Ash outlines the importance of Vit A on the gut and, consequently, the immune system. The availability of this vitamin is important, it cannot be made by the human body and is absorbed in the intestine. These...
  14. Snez

Immune System Boost cures HIV mice

Researchers have found that mice overrun with HIV, Hep B and C viruses can clear their bodies of infection with the hormone, Interleukin 7. http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/02/04/3129890.htm
  15. Snez

HELP!--advice wanted regarding TEETH & GUMS

Tooth Mousse saved my teeth from enamel erosion some years back. Here is a link http://www.dentalxpress.com.au/Products/ToothMousse/tabid/55/Default.aspx. I personally like the vanilla flavour :) Check out the ingredients to ensure that you aren't allergic/sensitive to them. As for xylitol I...
  16. Snez

HELP!--advice wanted regarding TEETH & GUMS

Hi Dreambirdie, Sorry that you struggling so much with teeth and gum recession issues. You may like to check out this article http://wholehealthsource.blogspot.com/2009/03/reversing-tooth-decay.html. It is mainly about reversing tooth decay but I believe contains valuable information. I use...
  17. Snez

Zeolite, anyone?

Hi Dainty, I think Dreambirdie has tried zeolite with negative results. You could PM and ask about her experiences. I have considered trying zeolite myself as I heard good things about it but wasn't sure if it was all hyped up.
  18. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Winter is on the Way!'

Hi Lisa :) Thanks for your article, I am always interested in the various happenings in your life. Your fudge icecream is ready and waiting for you. :) Oh, and there is definitely enough room in the freezer for both you and Jeremy! :D big hugs :)
  19. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in '10 Ways to Maximize Your Doctor Trip'

Hiya there Lisa, :Retro smile: Very good practical list. I've also resorted to writing down lists for doctors, problem is that most times most doctors don't have to the time to go through our bewildering lists of symptoms and concerns, much less address them in a 15 minute consultation. I...
  20. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Illness & Invisibility'

My goodness, what a coincidence Laurel! I too have only recently read Sara's blog- a friend sent the link to me yesterday. Did you know that Sara Douglass is a well-known author of fantasy novels? Thank you so much for your thoughts on the subject- it really helps me to complete the picture...
  21. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Things People Say'

Carrigon, So sorry that you were at the receiving end of unkindness. This man has his own big problems and has not even begun to grapple with his own fears in any shape or form. Don't take his thoughtless comments on board, say no to them, uproot them and thow them out of your life...
  22. Snez

Gut dysbiosis & autism link

Thanks for your input Zoe, I have followed quite a strict diet for the last 16 months. It is partially based on Gaps and on the Primal diet - lots of fat, meat, vegetables and ferments. I have found the total elimination of grains and dairy to be very beneficial in healing my gut (I had severe...
  23. Snez

Gut dysbiosis & autism link

Here is a series (six parts) of useful and very easy to understand presentations on the link between the gut and immune abnormailities. It mainly relates to autism but has far reaching implications for those with other illnesses and, of course, CFS/ME. There is also information on how to heal...
  24. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Letter to a Friend'

Hi Lisa, I wholeheartedly agree with Victoria- "I DO so wish I could come over & help you." You know that I'll always support you in my heart. with love and hugs
  25. Snez

Comment by 'Snez' in 'Happiness Award is Here'

Absolutely lovely Lisa, it brought such a big smile on my face. :-) Congratulations on the award! :-) Many many hugs, :-)
  26. Snez

Kind of a miracle

Rachel, Thank you so much for your courage in posting your miracle story. I totally love hearing testimonies like this. It is a great encouragement to my faith and does my heart and soul much good. God is awesome. Martlet, I am also thankful that you related your Jesus dream and the...
  27. Snez

Christianity & CFS

Robin, Thank you, I didn't intentionally mean to leave you out. You are all doing a great job in moderating, especially when the issue cuts close to the heart.
  28. Snez

Christianity & CFS

Martlet, I second what Lucie said. I greatly appreciate the amount of time, energy and thoughtfulness that has gone into moderating potentially sensitive topics. Thank you for starting this thread. I do pray that we can all share in such a way that will encourage us and help to lift up us...
  29. Snez

Tinnitus

Hi Mia and welcome to the forums. Yes, tinnitus is quite a common ME/CFS symptom. Tinnitus has been an almost constant companion since I fell ill. I had sinus and ear problems after a flu virus and then the tinnitus set in. Early on it was particularly bad and would disrupt my sleep patterns...
  30. Snez

CFS turned my spiritual life, and my church world, upside down

I totally agree. I have seen this for a number of years now. I get so frustrated that the church has this mindset of running more and more programs. It makes me feel tired thinking about it. And a lot of the time there is hardly any reference to God - it is often a human idea, done on human...