• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Resignation

The only thing that kept me going for a very dark period of time in my life was my children. I knew that they would rather have the miserable, sad, tired, hopeless mother than a dead one. They were preteens then and I did my best (which was tons better than I could do now). When I would think...
  2. M

Talking wipes me out.

It's so weird, huh. I really do feel like I physcially exercised and my whole body feels more tired than usual.
  3. M

Overwhelmed

I'm sorry you are experiencing this. Is there anything about this time of day before you got sick that was stressful or scary? It sounds like a panic attack or extreme anxiety. There are some things you can do to figure it out. 1. Go to your doctor to make sure there is nothing physically...
  4. M

Talking wipes me out.

I don't know why this happens, but it happens to me, too. There really aren't that many people in my life that I have extra energy to talk to. My kids are the main people that are energizing for me (they are adults). I guess I'd say the people that really, really know me and understand what...
  5. M

Has anyone tried Provigil/Modanifil?

Hello everyone. OP here. I've been away for a while trying to figure things out and Am back to let you know how the medication is doing for me. When I first posted the question about others taking this medication I only tried it a few times. It's sort of freaked me out and I also worried...
  6. M

Has anyone had a sleep study?

I had a sleep study a year ago and they found that I have severe sleep apnea. I also don't know why anyone with energy/sleep problems isn't automatically tested for this. You are literally asphyxiating yourself over time and your body is not able to restore itself overnight. So I'm on a CPAP...
  7. M

Thanks everyone. I think it may be worth a try for me since I am no longer crashing and burning. It would be nice to have a mood lift and more mental energy. I think I would need to be extremely careful about exercise since I used to be athletic. It is so hard to know the thin line between...
  8. M

Hmmmm....well, my doctor wants to give it to me relative to my sleep apnea. She is also worried about my weight. We shall see.
  9. M

I was not aware of the report, @charles shepherd. Thank you! I'll check it out.
  10. M

if you have tried this drug, please let me know how it was for you. My doc has put this out there for me to try and I'm researching and thinking about it. Thanks!