• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Andey

Staph vaccine to treat CFS??

It would be miraculous if it works in weeks. Hard to undone something that happened for years in days. So...looks like a really something really good is happing right now. )
  2. Andey

Yep, some commercial antibiotics are exactly that - bacterial or myco toxins. Starting from penicillin or chloramphenicol.
  3. Andey

My guess is that anatoxin by itself works as bactriostatical substance. At least majority of bacterial toxins made to kill other species of bacteria around not to poison a host.
  4. Andey

Anatoxin is working or not for CFS and this is all that matter. Some mcgs of present or absent preservatives in it is not an issue if it really works. And last post you made - this text is not about staph anatoxin and its made by different company.
  5. Andey

I searched again today and its not clear whether its available or not. Usually search gives tens or hundreds of results but not on this drug. (http://medbrowse.com.ua/anatoksin-cena/kiev) But at least one local farmacy told me that (+38 (044) 296-67-80)- yes, its available right here, laying in...
  6. Andey

Its kinda trickier do it from Ukraine because we have strict postage rules against sending anything medical. Theoretically its possible but realistically not so -a LOT of paperwork needed. Strangely enough its not a problem to receive anything here ) I think that its much easier to receive drug...
  7. Andey

Ive got the response from the manufacturer. Answer is 'Yes, alpha toxin(inactivated by formaldehyde ) is one of the main constituent parts of the drug' Hope this helps )
  8. Andey

I wrote a letter to the manufacturer, but have only little hope that they will answer. On the other hand I checked what reports have patients that use it. Its mostly positive with profound staph infections goes away, negative ones that I saw are linked with allergic reactions. Its also...
  9. Andey

Valcyte, Valtrex ? Newbie from Ukraine. Please help me with the treatment

Just received Western Blot for Lyme (( VlsE(Borellia afzelii) + P41 + OspC (B. afzelii) + IgG +
  10. Andey

A CONFIRMATORY TEST FOR MY LYME DISEASE: RUN BORRELIA CAUSE I'LL BEAT YOU REALLY SOON! ;)

Thanks for clarification ) So far I will stick to idea that I am clear, coz I also have 2 evaluations from 2 different infectionist docs and both said that I dont have symptoms and testing is kinda useless. And forest exposure I had only in childhood. Even this test I made by my own just to...
  11. Andey

A CONFIRMATORY TEST FOR MY LYME DISEASE: RUN BORRELIA CAUSE I'LL BEAT YOU REALLY SOON! ;)

I could do a Western Blot here but... I was under impression that ELISA/IFA tests are more sensitive but less specific then WB. Thats why it is placed before WB in CDC testing guideline, ELISA and IFA for screening, WB for confirming. I am more concerned that maybe chronic Lyme that CFS-rs...
  12. Andey

Sorry for derailing but maybe I could get a quick answer here As I understand Lyme diagnostics could be tricky but if I have negative IgG and IgM ELISA for Borrelia burgdorferi then I should be clear ?
  13. Andey

Status report ) : I've started month+ treatment plan from a doc: Valtrex all this time (little bit on a lower side - 500mg*3 a day) 10 days on Erbisol IM (immunomodulating) + 5 times Neovir IM (interferon inducer) every other day, this one is real pain in the ass ) Then immunoglobulin Herpimun 6...
  14. Andey

Ive read a few local articles about treating CFS. Common approach is to detoxify, detoxify, detoxify then... detoxify again ). Then start short term IVIG and interferon therapy (+Inosine sometimes). Interferon inducers concluded to be too weak while main treatment is ongoing because virus...
  15. Andey

Thank you ) I've read also some info on diagnostic tests for hhv6 and understood that there are no reliable tests available. So only path available is trial and error. I am concerned about immunoglobulin treatment because it's made of human blood and there are some risks to get an additional...
  16. Andey

Questions ) I have a long conversation with my doc yesterday and his main points are 1. No one (at least in Ukraine) could say have I CFS now or not. 2. It would a great stupidity even to consider using Valcyte without 100% confidence that I need it. Adverse effects list is too long for...
  17. Andey

Thank you for your answer. I understand your point and even if it don't look like so you really changed my attitude towards diagnosis. I read Cfs diagnosis criteria and understand that answer if I fit in it depend on doctor evaluation. On the other hand I know now that it could an onset stage...
  18. Andey

I received some important advices here: 1. Cancel all extortions at least until proven that I don't have CFS 2. I could now arguably insist on further diagnostics 3. From this forum and this thread I know that best practice for CFS treatment is to consider Valtex and Valcyte. At...
  19. Andey

So similar, I excercise all this time, with pauses only while treatment - 9 months from initial symptoms. Not any more I think.
  20. Andey

I would try to reach somebody with experience here and my doc treat CFS patients himself. But there is a big difference in advanced medicine here and in the west. Our healthservice is child of Soviet one and there is no culture of constant professional growth ( Thank you for sharing ) Only...
  21. Andey

Thank you for sharing your considerations ) Is it crucial to start treatment as early as possible or few months is not a big deal in this case ?
  22. Andey

Thank you for advice. Can I assume that I am quite on an early stage now ? Have you started your treatment at this stage or later ?
  23. Andey

I understand your point ) I definitely know that a hadnt have such temperature pattern before, when fever started than temperature started. When on some day temperature goes down I feel myself less feverish too. Personally I can assume that this is a CFS because sometimes I feel also some sore...
  24. Andey

I read this before but I am still puzzled. My feverish feeling is almost constant and increase in symptoms that could be attributed as after excercise in not acute. Feeling of swollen lymph nodes is more pronounced. BTW My temperature pattern is 37C during a day but morning and evening is...
  25. Andey

I understand and appreciate you advice but... I am really on low budget and going to Brussles is no option for me. I am really sad about this but I am not in position to get best help possible. With all this Russian semiinvasion staff our currency fall to the grounds...not a good time to get ill...
  26. Andey

P.S. Are there some definite sign of having CFS ? As I understand some signs overlaps greatly with POTS(that I definitely have) so I am not sure. Ive done DIY excercise test, some push ups and squats to the fatique limit. Immidiate effect is that my HR became increased till noon next day but no...
  27. Andey

Hello ) I am 38 yo male from Ukraine. I have a number of nasty mutations MTHFR C677T +/+,MTR A2756G +/-MTRR A66G +/+, BHMT-08 +/+ and if its not enoughCOMT V158M +/+, COMT H62H +/+ and looking back I think almost whole my life I am B12 defficient. As a result now I have a lot neuropathy...
  28. Andey

Help me interpret my SNP, please )

My story is shorter but similar. I started with gastroenterology for IBS and GERD, was treated againt Helicobacter infection and send off ) Then I found swollen lymph nodes in cervical area and ...so on and so on. Is your IBS resolved by treatment ? Its kind of major thing for me coz I still...
  29. Andey

Thanks pogoman ) I am little bit pussled about road I need to choose because I am not experiencing any fatique symptoms and on this basis probably dont have ME/CFS as it is. Though I have a lot of related issues like IBS and anxiety that probably caused by my methylation gene defects. I read a...
  30. Andey

Hello everybody This is my first post here, so I will introduce myself - Andriy, live in Kiev, Ukraine I struggle with anxiety, IBS-C symthoms, fevers. Local healthservice happens to be useless in my case, so I take investigation in my hands. As I understand I have some nastiest SNP...