• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. zrobinso

Who are the top American CFS/ME specialtists and their locations please.

Just saw Kaufman last week. Waiting for a lot of tests to get back but tested positive for SIBO and treating with a specific anti-biotics. I can already feel that helping. I highly recommend going to Kaufman.
  2. zrobinso

So consensus is to stick with Dr. Kaufman? Based on what I've read on this forum, which has seemed to be the most helpful resource I've had. Every doctor website is going to have good stuff offered and "patient reviews" that are positive.
  3. zrobinso

Also, sorry to blow this thread up with my posts, but I have been looking into Cpn (Chlamydia Pneumoniae) as a potential infectious cause of what is going on. In my research I found out I had actually met the lead researcher in Cpn, Dr. Stratton, when I was a student at Vanderbilt (just...
  4. zrobinso

You mention that he tested for viruses, do you know if he tested for both active and "stealth" viruses? I'm gearing up for my appointment and doing as much research as possible to be prepared. I've been run through the ringer with a myriad of tests but I'm just recently diagnosed with CFS and am...
  5. zrobinso

Hey guys. Just a heads up.. I just booked an appointment with Dr. Kaufman at OMI yesterday. He is booked out over two months, the earliest Thursday (have to do Thursday because I'm a travelling consultant and can only do end of weeks) he could see me was June 11th so If you are wanting to...
  6. zrobinso

That is really great news! How difficult was it to get an appointment?