• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. DiamondEye

Reduced diversity and altered composition of the gut microbiome in individuals with ME/CFS

The fact that in Bergen, Norway in 2004 there were thousands of people who became infected with Giardia and many went on to report fatigue after the infection, this finding should be no surprise. I wonder if these biomarkers could be useful in a disability claim, until a cure or at least...
  2. DiamondEye

Petition for More NIH Funding

Signed. My petition comment text below: "This disease has been discounted, its research bungled, and its patients ignored for decades now. More research money is allocated to headaches than to CFS. The cytokine studies from Lipkin/IOM are compelling, and the answers are out there. It is time...