• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Are Dr Klimas/Dr. Rey not accepting new patients?

I am a patient of theirs already, but I know two other people who just recently got appointments with Dr. Vera by calling until someone picked up or returned a call. Like every day for weeks....their office staff is disorganized and overextended;/
  2. L

Institute of Neuro Immune Medicine - Florida

Yes I am just familiarizing myself with the forums it's a new thing for me so I apologize if I shared too much....on the other hand I think it is important to share my experience so other people might benefit!
  3. L

Dr. Vera prescribed pindolol (a beta blocker). It really helped my energy because I don't get dizzy and I get much better blood circulation. That plus electrolyte drinks works best for me.
  4. L

By the way I have been seeing Dr. Vera (she is relatively new to INIM) for follow ups and she is an extremely capable doc! The way she forms my treatment plan is super intuitive and prudent and I would recommend her as much as Rey.
  5. L

I see Dr. Rey/dr. Vera at INIM. A short history because I am new to the forums- I was diagnosed with ME by Dr. Lapp in NC in 2005 and saw him for 8 years. When I started seeing him I was a 1 or 2. I was treated with more conventional drugs to help with the symptoms of ME but not the underlying...