• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. horsebox

Hydrotherapy/Colonic Irrigation - whats your experience with it?

I did it with a closed system where you sit on a table, theres a tube with water constantly flowing into your ass and everything that comes out, goes straight down the drain, there was a clear plastic pipe that let you see what was coming out. All kinds of stuff came out.
  2. horsebox

It makes sense if you think about it. The gut is the place where nutrient absorption occurs, so if its not functioning optimally, all kinds of metabolic pathways will be hindered. A high ratio of bad to good bacteria will create a toxic environment in the gut, and some of those toxic bacterial...
  3. horsebox

I started doing it recently, and after each session I feel like I've been hit with an elephant tranquiliser, I need to just lie down and sleep. I've been getting headaches too. The only reason for this I can see is that the water must be stirring up stuff in my colon which is getting absorbed...
  4. horsebox

Placebo, Are You There?

I hadn't had any success with hypnosis until I tried being hypnotised while on NMDA antagonists (a strong one, similar to PCP). Alcohol is well known to enhance peoples hypnotisability, my theory is that its dissociative properties are to thank for that. Didn't surprise me that real...
  5. horsebox

californian poppy

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but have to call out incorrect statements like this when I see them. California poppy (Eschscholzia california) doesn't contain opiates. Its not even in the same genus as the opium poppy (Papaver somniferum). The sleep inducing alkaloids in California poppy...
  6. horsebox

Hypnosis Impacts the Amygdala

I learned that the hard way during a sleep deprivation induced psychotic episode. Scared the crap out of me suddenly having a 2nd voice in my head that was smarter than me. It doesn't think linearly or "rationally" like the conscious mind does, it operates differently and if you don't know...
  7. horsebox

Placebo, Are You There?

Lucid dreaming gives you a good intuitive understanding of the placebo effect. If I take drugs in non lucid dreams, I get high. If I take them in lucid dreams, nothing. In dreams you theoretically know you should be able to do anything, but try walking through a wall if you haven't done it...