• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Another is this adrenal fatigue question

Hi Jimmy @jimmyfromseattle Sorry to hear you're also in the same boat as me. I can still work but I struggle heaps to get my backside out of bed every morning, then at work during the afternoon I'm very tired. A lot of the time my sleep is crap. The most recent fun from whatever it is I've...
  2. S

Hi Barb, thanks for your reply. Oh, this is disappointing. My holistic doctor prescribed this test but didn't mention anything about night time cortisol. What time at night should the saliva test be done? My latest test was at 8:00pm. Anyway the results were interpreted both by the lab and...
  3. S

Hi all I recently had a saliva cortisol test with the below results. Morning 7.8 (lab's range 6.0 - 42.0 nmol/L) Midday 5.2 (2.0 - 11.0) Afternoon 3.0 (2.0 - 11.0) Evening 1.0 (1.0 - 8.0) Cortisol Daily, Total 17.0 (11.0 - 76.0) DHEAS Profile Morning 9.5 (5.0 - 30.0) DHEAS/Cortisol AM Ratio...
  4. S

Neurological symptoms plus more

I haven't been able to find my hair test results, but I did recently have a saliva cortisol test with results below.... Morning 7.8 (range 6.0 - 42.0 nmol/L) Midday 5.2 (2.0 - 11.0) Afternoon 3.0 (2.0 - 11.0) Evening 1.0 (1.0 - 8.0) Cortisol Daily, Total 17.0 (11.0 - 76.0) DHEAS Profile Morning...
  5. S

Hi Sea Sept 2014 ANA detected - 1:80 homogeneous. Then in Dec 2014 ANA negative. MCV in Sep 2014 was 88 and in Jul 2015 was 90 (80-100). In Aug 2008 MCV was 83.
  6. S

Sorry I haven't replied to some questions and suggestions but I've not been well. Anyway a quick update. I'm so disappointed that I've had to go back onto nexium, very disappointed with myself. I tried for about 6 weeks but the burning and the hacking cough that resulted got too much. And...
  7. S

What's the test for checking cellular B12? I'd like to explore the B vitamins further with my doctor. You mentioned about seeing a naturopath or holistic doc. I'm now seeing a holistic doctor which is why I was able to get all the blood tests so far. Seeing a regular GP was a waste of time...
  8. S

Wow, so many responses, thank you so much!!! I hope my post below makes sense as I've snipped bits out of your replies to try to make my reply read ok (if that's even possible from me!). I love all your ideas, the way I'm feeling I'm open to any suggestions right now. The twitching has ramped...
  9. S

Tingling inside head

I'm getting this 'fuzz' sensation across my forehead and beside my eyes, it's been happening for about 6 months and I've got no idea what started it. So far no clue as to the cause. Also getting a lot of itching on my face but no redness or rash.
  10. S

Apologies for taking so long to post back here, and thanks for your replies. I finally found a doctor who was willing to spend some time with me and agree to a heap of blood tests which I had done mid July. These are the ones that came back abnormal or marginal. ALT 78 (Lab range 5-40) ---...
  11. S

Hi everyone, first time poster, male in my mid 50s. I'm having all sorts of issues right now and I don't even know if this is the right forum to post in. About 2 and a half years ago I was having leg cramps and burning feet, about 3 months later this turned into all over muscle twitching which...