• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. postit_note

Australia - need URGENT help to reapply for disability!

Hi Alex, yes im assuming it will be a very long wait so no good for anything immediate, but from what i have read it sounds very impressive and promising for the future. There are two main doctors in Brisbane i have seen people discuss, with mixed reviews. Deed seems to be the most recommended...
  2. postit_note

Australia - need URGENT help to reapply for disability!

Hi everyone, My name is Jamie (F) and i am 26 years of age This post was made on behalf of me (thank you rusty j) Ill explain my situation Ive had CFS since the age of 17 in 2006 after having a severe case of glandular fever which took me over 6 months to recover from, however the fatigue never...
  3. postit_note

New paper from the Netherlands: the treatment of CFS

This is insane. Ive had CFS since i was 17, was officially diagnosed at the age of 24. When diagnosed i had been with my partner for 3 years, its now been 5 years. I had cfs when i was single, and i still have it now im in a relationship. When i was first diagnosed it took a while before my...
  4. postit_note

Are my problems ME/CFS related? So very very scared its all over for me

Hi jack, I have had a lot of personal experience with anxiety myself. I can relate to most of what you have said however it sounds like your symptoms are extremely severe anxiety. I had been misdiagnosed with depression for many years when in actual fact it was anxiety. I think it is very...