• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Changexpert

Choline/Inositol and Night Dream

Before taking choline bitatrate/inositol, I rarely had a night dream, maybe once toward the end of sleep right before waking up. However, this has changed vastly since taking choline/inositol for two days. I started taking choline/inositol combo two days ago. The first day, I took 500 mg of...
  2. Changexpert

What happens when you have fast phase II and slow phase I detox for liver?

I was reading one of the documents shared by the member. I think it might have been @Gondwanaland or @ahmo. I am attaching all the sources I found particularly useful for understanding how liver works. Hopefully, you will find these helpful. One other concept I do not understand particularly is...
  3. Changexpert

What happens when you have fast phase II and slow phase I detox for liver?

I see that fast phase I and slow phase II can be harmful by creating intermediate metabolites. How about the other way around? How can having slow phase I and faster phase II be harmful besides the fact that your liver is not excreting toxins at the full capacity? Does phase I and phase II act...
  4. Changexpert

Cysteine desulfurase/Molyb cofact sulfurase - B6/P5P and Cysteine Breakdown

Cysteine desulfurase an enzyme that breakdowns cysteine into alanine. The cofactor of this process is P5P. I am not sure why, but L-cysteine supplement worsens many symptoms I have like body rashes, irritability, hair loss, and acne. I am searching for other downstream processes that would...
  5. Changexpert

Estrogen/Xenoestrogen Overload and Methylation

I have been trying to figure out different hormones effects on our bodies in the past few days. After some research combined with my past experience, I do not think DHT is the main problem for me. Whenever I used DHT inhibitor (saw palmetto, beta-sitosterol, and even finasteride), my hair would...
  6. Changexpert

TRP pathways - TRPV for inflammation

Recently, I have come across transient receptor potential channel (TRP). The definition from Wikipedia states: There are 7 channels total and each channel consists of a few receptors. One channel that caught my eye particularly was TRPV, which is associated with pain, burning, hot, and pungent...
  7. Changexpert

Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D

@Hutan I can definitely relate. I have taken magnesium almost daily for almost 10 months straight. In the course of the time, my temperature fluctuated somewhat, but had an upward trend. My body temperature started at 96.5 F and gradually increased to 97.3, and finally to 97.8 F. However...
  8. Changexpert

Calcium, Magnesium, and Vitamin D

I think many people may know this topic on vitamin D already, but I think a very important connection to an immune response initiated inflammation needs to be addressed. There are two forms of vitamin D, 25-OH, which is a storage form. Most supplements we take are in is in this storage form...
  9. Changexpert

JAK/STAT pathway and hair loss

Along with CFS, I have been suffering from hair loss for a while at a such young age, so hair loss research has been one of my primary focus lately. The idea of inhibiting JAK pathway stems from a theory that hair loss is caused by autoimmune response creating unnecessary inflammation.This...
  10. Changexpert

Any Iron Panel Experts? Overcoming Leukopenia/Neutrophenia?

I received lab results from last week, and they do not look very promising. I am not familiar with all three measurements for iron, but according to this reference, low TIBC/UIBC can happen from chronic infection. My serum iron level is also going up. I have not had much red meat, so this...
  11. Changexpert

Why do we react to glutathione precursors or other amino acid supplements?

Meats have much higher individual component of amino acid compared to usual supplemental dosage. The most common meats we consume like beef, chicken, and pork contain very high levels of glutamate, along with lysine and other BCAA's. Even an egg has around 800 mg, 200 mg, 140 mg of glumate...
  12. Changexpert

Silkworm Cocoon for Your Brain (Brain Factor-7)

Very interesting article (more like an advertisement). The basic idea is that once silk is digested in the body, they are broken down into polypeptides that are beneficial for our bodies...
  13. Changexpert

GABA/NMDA/Dopamine Relationship?

I believe there is a relationship among NMDA, GABA (and thus glutamate), and dopamine, but have not done any research on it. I suspect this because every time I take a magnesium supplement (NMDA antagonist), I feel very relaxed and calm. Sometimes, when I take too much magnesium in a short...
  14. Changexpert

Neurogenic Bladder or Overactive Bladder Anyone?

I was reading a thread on orthostatic intolerance and came across a new medical condition that may be relevant to my issue. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or EDS. My joints are very flexible including wrists and fingers and I just naively thought I was born with flexible joints. My lower back is very...
  15. Changexpert

I Can Tolerate Barely Any Medicines...

I read the entire thread, and I too think MCAS or histamine intolerance is closely tied to gut health. I have tried C. butyricum (Miyarisan) and that caused itching skin everywhere. I am not sure if that was purely because of histamine reaction or oxalate dumping @Gondwanaland was referring to...
  16. Changexpert

Sulfate Deficiency, Sulfur, PST, and Sulfate Reducing Bacteria?

If one is deficient in sulfate, but have a lot of sulfate reducing bacteria due to gut dysbiosis, what is the way out of this catch 22? Also, is taking sulfur or foods rich in sulfur same as taking sulfate? Ever since I was on methylation protocol last year, my sulfur sensitivity heightened and...
  17. Changexpert

What's high in polyphenols, especially apple polyphenols?

Completely agree with GoL products... They load way too much "healthy" stuff in a bottle, so I can never figure out what I am reacting badly to. I ended up getting MucoStop from Enzymedica, which has all 4 enzymes I mentioned plus mucolase. I have been suffering from mucus throughout my entire...
  18. Changexpert

That was very helpful. I knew I had to be missing some enzymes because of all the sensitivity I have to certain elements and supplements. I took a quick look at No-Fenol and this one contains 4 enzymes that are not normally seen in common "complete digestive enzyme supplements." Those 4 enzymes...
  19. Changexpert

After reading several research papers stating that procyanidin can promote hair growth, I wanted to give it a try. Since apple polyphenols contain procyanidin, I ordered apple polyphenol extract. Unfortunately, I had very adverse reactions like histamine sensitivity, increased hair loss, and...
  20. Changexpert

MAO SNP And Phospholipids (PC, PS)/Questions

@juniemarie I have found some answers to the questions I posted, but my understanding on this topic is very superficial, so feel free to scratch your head if you see something out of place. There are three molecules of interest, phosphatidylcholine (PC), acetylcholine (ACh), and choline. PC is...
  21. Changexpert

Cellular Energy Metabolism: Simplified chart and B vitamins

It looks like this diagram has been updated with a few changes from the old one. This is a very helpful diagram indeed, but I still am not sure about how these vitamins/cofactors help with carb/fat/protein metabolism. For instance, if one has a problem with fatty acid metabolism, would taking...
  22. Changexpert

BioPQQ: PQQ for mitochodrial biogenesis?

I tried it for 2 weeks along with ubiquinol (reduced coq10). It did give me some energy, but after reading contradicting studies on PQQ, I stopped taking it. One study says that PQQ can increase intracellular ROS level while dcreasing GSH (glutathione) level, which is totally opposite of what...
  23. Changexpert

Unbelievable Energy Rush/Brain Fog Clear from A Particular Electrolyte Combination

My day is usually over after a workout session. I am so exhausted by the exertion to a point where I do not have motivation to do anything for the rest of the day. All I hope after a workout session is for the day to be over. Electrolyte drinks usually mitigates this symptom and the brand I...
  24. Changexpert

Benfotiamine - a double edged sword due to sulfur sensitivity

Something is a bit off with my RBC as the MCV level has reached 100.8 fL. MCH has also went beyond the reference range. My serum iron level and ferritin levels were good, on the high side of reference range back in last December. Both B12 and RBC B9 levels were good back in last November. I...
  25. Changexpert

MMAB Defect Can Lead to AB12 Deficiency

Per @Valentijn's request, original post has been edited. Also, SNP for two specific genes have been added.
  26. Changexpert

MMAB Defect Can Lead to AB12 Deficiency

MMAB stands for "methylmalonic aciduria (cobalamin deficiency) cblB type," which is responsible for converting coblamin to AB12. Defects in MMAB SNP's can lead to AB12 deficiency. There is not much evidence on which SNP within MMAB gene upregulate or downregulate AB12 deficiency. However...
  27. Changexpert

Thanks for the feedback. Iron is another puzzle I need to figure out as my both MCV and MCH levels are elevated while my platelet level has been declining. I posted my lab results earlier on this thread. The symptoms I have experienced could be due to too much serotonin, but if that is the...
  28. Changexpert

After doing some research and talking to forum members, I finally realized that I have autonomic dysfunction (dysautonomia). Since I was a small child, I suffered from muscle weakness, excessive sweating, muscle twitching including facial areas (around lips and eyes), frequent thirst, bladder...
  29. Changexpert

Need SAMe, but cannot take methyl donors?

Crit, Thanks for some ideas. To my surprise, all my MTHFR genes are good, but I do have other defects related to methylfolate conversion. For instance, I am homozygous for FOLR2, which is responsible for conversion of folic acid into DHF (starting point). Similarly, I am heterozygous for FOLR1...
  30. Changexpert

Need SAMe, but cannot take methyl donors?

I have many heterozygous conditions for numerous genes in COMT and homozygous for MAO-A. There are 24 versions of MAO-A genes that I can see from 23andme test results, which I think can vary based on the version of 23andme test. I am homozygous for many of them, but there has not been much...