• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Do I have POTS?

Hi guys It's been a few months now since I made this thread and I'm still experiencing similar issues although sometimes it seems to almost go away before coming back with a vengeance. One thing I've noticed though is that sometimes upon standing from lying or sitting down instead of my heart...
  2. S

Heart beat feeling like it is pounding very hard...feeling and hearing each beat

See a doctor first. At least get an ECG done before asking for help, it's very difficult for us to suggest anything until we know.
  3. S

Do I have POTS?

The monitor I use at home has an arm strap and takes my readings fine when standing. My standing blood pressure is usually around 120-130 over 70-80. This morning was particularly bad, my pulse standing still 5 minutes after getting out of bed was 120. It was around 100 when standing an hour...
  4. S

Do I have POTS?

Something to do with arm position. The readings from my home blood pressure monitor are fine. My BP does increase when standing though, just not a great deal.
  5. S

Do I have POTS?

The portable monitor would only take readings when I was sat down. Every time I was standing it would try to take a reading 3 times then just give up. This meant all readings looked normal. I tried explaining this but I guess it is what it is. My blood pressure isn't really a problem anyway. I...
  6. S

Do I have POTS?

I have done, in the morning my resting heart rate is usually below 60, upon standing it shoots over 100. After around 10 minutes it's usually around 90. Some days it will drop more though. It's the times when I get up and can feel my heart pounding against my chest that worry me, it shouldn't...
  7. S

Do I have POTS?

He isn't interested, he told me to stop trying to self diagnose via the internet and told me that pulse rate varies in people when they stand up and that the rate it was reaching wasn't dangerous, he told me some people's resting heart rates are near 100.
  8. S

Do I have POTS?

How would I go about getting referred if my GP thinks it's all in my head?
  9. S

Do I have POTS?

I'm having a rough time explaining it to my doctor to be honest, I've been very detailed with him so far yet he keeps telling me it's anxiety. I'm also struggling to explain to my boss exactly what it is, and of course until I can get a diagnosis which takes months in the UK there's nothing I...
  10. S

Do I have POTS?

I understand that on some days the condition can be better or worse as well? I'm not fully convinced I have POTS, I am male so the chances are pretty low but I definitely have some form of orthostatic intolerance. In the evening my heart rate may not increase as much but I've noticed simply...
  11. S

Do I have POTS?

For around a month now I've noticed whenever I get out of bed or stand up from sitting down my heart will pound hard against my chest, my resting heart rate on a morning is in the 50's yet when I get out of bed it shoots to over 100 before resting in the 90's. The symptoms are worse in the...