• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

enzymatic therapy still best?

Also would like to hear opinions on brands
  2. R

Doesn't it have to be the Gut?

I was never intending to stop the vitamins. Going several weeks at a time was partially an accident. With the holidays and travel over Thanksgiving and Christmas, my wife was going just fine without the protocol. Once she has gone a few weeks without, I like to see the sypmtoms come back...
  3. R

Why Does High Dose (Methyl)B12 Cause Diarrhea?

I would hold everything and ramp up potassium and see if that stopped it. Those do seem like high doses though.
  4. R

Yes, I guess thats possible, it just doesn't seem to fit my theory/experiences as well. I think its sage to say that there is relation between stomach-methylation/glutathione-immune system and a breakdown in the chain can all be overridden with methylation supplements to return all systems to...
  5. R

I probably wasn't clear in the above post. She certainly has a folate problem. I just can't understand why the proper amount of folate/b12/LCF, still require her to take vitamin C to have a functioning immune system. And why was she able to play sports in high school and run 5K's and then...
  6. R

I have no idea. Probably genetics or some intolerance or allergy or maybe nothing, its just a symptom of CFS/ME which may be caused by something else. It definitely wasn't a noticeable event. Her decline was relatively slow. It just makes the most sense that it is at least close to the root...
  7. R

So what's wrong with this theory in your case? Your digestive system can't process methylfolate and b12 (root cause) due to genetics or other causes, which leads to a breakdown in detox/methylation, which leads to cellular overburden.
  8. R

My wife had all the classic ME/CFS symptoms, depression, anxiety. Freddds' protocol improved her symptoms in 2 months to about 90% health. Initially, she could go 3-4 days without supplements before the CFS symptoms started to return. Currently (after 3 years of the protocol), she can go...
  9. R

Long time lurker coming out to thank Freddd

@Freddd saved my wife's life. No doubt about it. We have a normal life and she enjoying a successful career and we have a healthy baby boy to prove it.
  10. R

Ten Years of healing: No more congestive heart failure, FMS, CFS and minus 100 pounds

@Freddd Have you experimented with total removing B1,B2,B3 from the protocol? Are they necessary for healing? Is there a chance that the "start-up" responses caused by the B's and were mistakenly seen for a positive reaction?
  11. R

Link for Freddd's Methylation Protocol?

Freddd latest discovery about the B's is described in the first post here: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/ten-years-of-healing-no-more-congestive-heart-failure-fms-cfs-and-minus-100-pounds.25788/
  12. R

Link for Freddd's Methylation Protocol?

Please be aware that there have been revisions to the protocol that aren't on the sticky: The Jarrow methyl B-12 is no longer considered active by most people. Stick with Enzymatic Therapy. Also, some are taking this by breaking the capsule and placing 1/4 of it under the tounge...
  13. R

A Sad Loss of a Member of Our Community

I really don't understand the systematic breakdown in the doctors line of thinking. These doctors are smart. They see hundreds of people they can't cure, yet they continue to do the same thing over and over. Surely they want to help people. Surely they know better. What gives? Whats the...
  14. R

An Interesting Experience This Summer in Active B12/folate Healing Startup

I dont see many weaklings but I do people who want to mix things up, keep taking certain supplements they need, they are afraid to take certain amount of supplements because of what they already "know". You can read this over and over and over on here. People will often say that they are...
  15. R

Multi Vitamin

The short answer is no. There are some Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc combos and a few others you could look at. I tried and tried and tried with this. But at the end of the day, you end up taking 6 horse pills to get equivalent dosages instead of 12 regular pills. Plus its hard to customize and...
  16. R

Anyone Healed via Methylation/Yasko Protocol?

My wife seems to have two subsets of problems held off by two separate groups of supplements: Subset 1 = CFS/anxiety/depression This is corrected with adb12/mb12/LCF/methylfolate/multi B Subset 2 = Immune response. Her immune system goes on vacation without some combo of the cofactors vit...
  17. R

Freddds protocol is stickied at the top under active b12 protocol: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/
  18. R

Freddd's protocol has led to a 90-95% recovery with my wife. If she is off the protocol for a week or so, the symptoms come right back, and they go away when she resumes the protocol. She had classic fibro, ME/CFS symptoms, sleep problems, anxiety, depression, IBS. Her recovery was...
  19. R

23 and me results

My mom got the following 23 and me results. She has MCS and a bunch of other sleep and thyroid issues. She tried Freddds protocol for a while and didn't have and significant reactions. Maybe some slight improvements. I haven't started to read up on the specific mutations she has just yet...
  20. R

Question about "overmethylation"

I think pushing through the symptoms is something I have mentioned too often. It's probably the wrong verb. I think by "pushing through", we should say, embracing the reactions and start-up symptoms as signs of improvement or clues to what needs to be added/tirated whatever. Don't run from a...
  21. R

Question about "overmethylation"

I guess the question would then become, why would people without MTHFR not be able to over-methylate?
  22. R

nerve pain in head or temples?

My wife had pointed headaches at her temples as one of the startup symptoms. For her, more methylfolate, b12, and potassium seemed to be the answer. It took about a month for everything to really calm down.
  23. R

nerve pain in head or temples?

We're you supplementing potassium?
  24. R

Does methylB12 or adenoB12 make one feel like taking a nap?

My wifes recovery was very slow to the point she didn't really notice the changes dramatically. I would say she was "sleepy" in the beginning. Then, everything slowly normalized to a healthy persons sleep schedule. She still requires probably an hour more sleep than an average person per...
  25. R

Started Freddd Protocol about a week ago...

Freddd's protocol includes L-Carnitine Fumarate. Also, I would drop the folic acid just to be sure. Also, consider adding vit A,D,E,C, Magnesium, Calcium, Zinc
  26. R

Supplements making me sick to my stomach

You might try skipping one supplement at each dosage and see if the nausea subsides. Once you isolate the "culprit" you can switch brands and timing of when you take it. My wife battled this and I think switching the B-complex accidently fixed this. You may try that one first.
  27. R

How long does it take for worsening neuro symptoms to improve?

With my wife it took maybe 5-6 weeks before it all calmed down. She had weird intensity of nerves and shooting sensations through her arms and I don't remember all what else. I think it would depend on how fast you titrate up and get everything going and of course your individual disposition.
  28. R

Potassium questions

I used the RDA as a metric for potassium supplementation. If the RDA is 4700mg, it would seem pretty benign to take ~20 of those 99mg pills a day spread out in 6-8 dosages. If you are having any negative effects from methylation supplementation, I would look into potassium and keep in mind...
  29. R

Rebuilding the vitamins

Are there any other cofactors that aren't absorbed well when taken orally like b12. Is that the only supplement that should not be taken orally? Have you experimented with any others? I just keep going back to absoprtion to explain the wide array of reactions to the protocols.