• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Dr Myhill mitochondrial test not repeatable

'We replicated the MES protocol using neutrophils and peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from CFS/ME patients (10) and healthy controls (13). The protocol was then repeated in PBMCs and neutrophils from healthy controls to investigate the effect of delayed sample processing time used by...
  2. S

Clinical and cost-effectiveness of the Lightning Process for chronic fatigue syndrome

Is there any data on school attendance before treatment? I also note they only look at attendance in the week before which doesn't give a very accurate view. Especially as participants chose when they filled in the survey and have been given sessions on positive thinking. They could have...
  3. S

No increased risk of chronic fatigue syndrome after HPV vaccination

Sadly this study looked at parents educational history but not at medical history. It would have been good to see if medical history of ME in families changed the risk of developing ME from the vaccine. They say themselves in the paper that people more at risk might be avoiding the vaccine...
  4. S

Professor Ron Davis's response to Naviaux study, including Q and A with Dr Naviaux

Breastfeeding increases lipid metabolism, this was one of the metabolism pathways to be most affected wasn't it? From my experience this isn't always true and is complicated by the fact the mother has a larger activity demand on her with caring for the baby. Many have improved symptoms for at...
  5. S

Professor Ron Davis's response to Naviaux study, including Q and A with Dr Naviaux

Also, pregnancy is anabolic in the first half and catabolic in the second half when more feel improved. (I've had to look this up)
  6. S

I run a support group for parents with ME and many members find the have improvements during the second trimester, feel worse again in the last few weeks but often improvements continue with breastfeeding and pregnancy may trigger a remission. We also have some members who are worse during...