• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

Discussion of full IOM report

Admittedly, I have not yet read the full report and after watching the video on IOM's site, I don't have a lot of hope. Unless I am missing something, I see an apparent disservice to the complementary and alternative medical communities who have largely been the ones to recognize, accept, and...
  2. R

Poll: Which name is better: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease?

The only acceptable word to me in this new name is "disease," to finally give ME/CFS some validity (to those that don't have it or believe it). But, overall, I don't like the lengthy name and think it only adds to more confusion. (I've had CFS for 14 years and while I am currently feeling...