• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. ryanbarclay

Methylation: From feeling FANTASTIC back to Square One

Hi @sregan - thanks for your comment, I really appreciate all of the support - everyone is great here. You're right with the one-step-at-a-time approach. Because I'm always searching for "feeling better", it's hard to keep track on what I've been taking. Perhaps I should start a supplement...
  2. ryanbarclay

I grabbed some of the Solgar Chelated Zinc this morning. I've taken 44mg so far - I think I'm going to leave it at that for today. No immediate response but I'll continue taking it. Thanks for checking in :)
  3. ryanbarclay

Funny you mentioned the verbal ease - that's an issue too! I do have a little hypochondria, but like you said - it's all because I have physical symptoms that haven't been diagnosed - apparently I'm as fit as a fiddle - how wrong that could be. It's funny - I was always a nervous child...
  4. ryanbarclay

I forgot to mention that when I felt good taking the Thorne Basic B Complex and the Bio-B12, I was also waking up in the morning when the sun came in the room - feeling more alive. I wasn't fatigued (well, not compared to how I usually feel). Now it's just all gone :( Maybe @Freddd can...
  5. ryanbarclay

Thanks for the reply @Beyond Yep, I've given up with the doctors and the NHS in the UK. I was on the SSRI Citalopram (Celexa) for 7 years - I've been free of that for 3 years now. Giving it up was hard, fighting bouts of crying at the most stupid things - but I pushed through. When it all...
  6. ryanbarclay

By health paranoia I mean that I'm a massive worrier when it comes to my health; thinking that there is something wrong with me all the time - always thinking the worst from any symptoms. It's obsessive. I'm an extreme hypochondriac. I was negative for pyroluria. From what I know I believe it's...
  7. ryanbarclay

I forgot to mention (as it may be relevant) that I'm a heavy nicotine user. I don't smoke, but I have an unhealthy addition to nicotine patches. Chronic use - several per day. Have been this way ever since I quit smoking 5 years ago. I'm trying to cut down. It perks me up, gives me some...
  8. ryanbarclay

Many thanks for the links Gondwanaland - they are most helpful. I think I went over the top with the mB12. I'm going to start from the beginning again with the Thorne Basic B Complex alone and see how I feel.
  9. ryanbarclay

Hi ahmo, thanks for your reply. I'll try upping the dosage of folate - but to be honest, I think I'm going to stop the 5mg mB12 and try taking the Thorne Basic B Complex alone again. No, I have no obvious folate deficiency symptoms - however it has been a relatively short time for physical...
  10. ryanbarclay

Hi aquariusgirl, thank you for your reply. I've had the full pyroluria screening back at the beginning of 2013. Zinc: 15.6 (reference range 11.5-20) B6 Pyridoxine: 1.82 (1.75-2.00 = BORDERLINE) Kryptopyrroles: 0.05 (reference up to 0.08) However, it's funny you've mentioned Zinc - because I...
  11. ryanbarclay

Hello there, It’s my first post here as I’m looking for some help and advice with regards to the methylation protocols. I’m very new to all of this and am not fully familiar with the science behind the methylation cycle so any help, advice and tips would be greatly appreciated. I’ve been...