• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Chronic Sinus infection and eye irritation. I need advice.

Hi Chrisswolf I’ve been experiencing something similar. I’ve had at times very painful photophobia to the point where there were times I was unable to open my eyes at all – and rushed to emergency eye hospital a couple of times. I get pain around / in the eyes, face, headaches etc when my eyes...
  2. D

Inositol for sleep - success story

Thanks Hip, That's really useful information about the anti-depression / anxiety properties. I also read on wikipedia it was good for OCD too - which I don't have but someone I know does. And it breaks down fat. So maybe can take care of 2 or 3 things in one go. Yay. My jar of inositol says...
  3. D

Inositol for sleep - success story

Hi all Just wanted to share some sleep success because I’m so outrageously happy about being able to sleep through the night .......!!!! And also maybe it will help someone. Anyway – I just wanted to put out a reminder that Inositol is helpful with sleep... It’s definitely worth trying it in...
  4. D

Glutathione and sleep

Thank you very much for your replies. I really appreciate it. And I have to say that it’s also such a relief to be able to say 'NAC' and 'glutathione' and have people know what you mean (and, I’m presuming, not having eyes glaze over). I do feel like I have the flu big time when I take it, so...
  5. D

Glutathione and sleep

Hi there I have been struggling with my sleeping patterns. About 18 months ago I was diagnosed with the A1298C homozygous SNP (and Pyrroles). I’ve had CFS in varying degree’s since 1988. A few months after starting on B12 I found I had massive insomnia. I have been working with a biomed and...