• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. V

Can You Please Explain My Results

Hi Scotty81, Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on in a while. I'm not sure how old is your daughter but I would give Dr. Wittels's office a call to verify if they are taking kids as patients. I only met Dr. Wittels once and didn't continue because I was already feeling better. Based on...
  2. V

hi jlynx, I'm glad you're seeing Dr. G's nurse, I originally wanted to make an appointment with her back in 2014 but chose Dr. G instead. I stopped doing any treatment last March 2015 including antibiotics because I didn't want to be taking them long term. My Lyme symptoms have disappeared...
  3. V

Hey jlynx, how are you? havent heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.
  4. V

Hey @jylnx, I'm doing much better. I hope Equilibriant works for you. It looks like there are some people who posted that it helped them.
  5. V

hi jlynx, Sorry to hear that, its probably tough to find someone who can do an IVIG treatment in this area. Wish I could help you. Maybe there's another option other than IVIG?
  6. V

@jlynx, thats great news. I hope you can get the IVIG treatment there. Well, eversince my lyme came back last year I think my health anxiety has gotten worse. My wife is tuning me out whenever I talk about my symptoms lol. For the past few days I've been having this lower back pain, I'm so...
  7. V

@jlynx Sorry to hear that Nuvigil didnt work for you. Hopefully you'll find someone that will do the IVIG. Are you still going to continue your appts with Dr G? Also, did you have the Lyme test done at Quest when Dr G requested for it? Mine was from Igenex Labs. Dr. Wittels is an LLMD and she...
  8. V

@jlynx Yeah, $700 per treatment is a lot of money:bang-head:. Good thing you found someone local that does IVIG. I know Nuvigil is mostly for people with sleep apnea and work shifts disorders. I think you mentioned before that you're not getting a good deep sleep, maybe this is why you find...
  9. V

@jlynx, That's good news! I'm glad that you will be starting your treatment. I'm feeling better, still trying to avoid food triggers no spicy, no caffeine (this was hard), no alcohol until my gut totally recovers. Sometimes I eat and I feel a burn similar to heartburn but flows thru my back. I...
  10. V

@jlynx, Good luck with your appt tomorrow and hope you get the complete treatment. Please keep me posted. I know were seeing different doctors now that I quit my treatment with Dr. G but would still be good to exchange notes.
  11. V

@ErdemX, I took ceftin 2x a day and Flagyl once a day (on 1 week, off next week) for my Lyme treatment. I only took it for a couple of months as these antibiotics are pretty strong. I think this may have caused my gut imbalance. Hope this helps.
  12. V

Hi jlynx, I think the strong antibiotics messed up my gut so I'm trying to restore the healthy flora by taking probiotics, super digestive enzymes and eliminating alcohol, caffeine and spicy foods that will make my gastritis worse. Sorry to hear you're still feeling the fatigue. This is just me...
  13. V

hi jlynx, I suffered a minor setback. I had an endoscopy done last week coz I was experiencing some pain 2 weeks ago when I'm swallowing food, even with drinking with water or burp. I was worried that it might be Barretts Esophagus. I was diagnosed with mild gastritis (I was told no Barretts...
  14. V

Hey, My appt with Dr. Wittels went well. They just moved to a new office location so things were a little crazy I had to wait for an hour. I didn't expect the number of people coming in for treatment. I guess because she accepts insurance which is great. She gave me some supplements to take for...
  15. V

Hey, My appt with Dr. Wittels went well. They were moving to a new office location so they were so busy I had to wait for an hour. I didn't expect the number of people coming in for treatment. I guess because she accepts insurance which is great. She gave me some supplements to take for acid...
  16. V

Hey Jlynx, The monolaurin is the one I mentioned to you few months ago for anti-viral. :) I actually ordered it from Amazon its called Lauricidin. I totally agree with you and follow your gut on LDN, don't take it if it's not helping you. I'm also taking raw apple cider vinegar for the acid...
  17. V

hey jlynx, how did your appointment go? Hope all is well.
  18. V

Hey jlynx, Thanks for asking. It looks like the thrush is gone. Yup, I bought probiotics, I took some heavy antibiotics that probably killed the good bacteria. Well, my Lyme symptoms seem to be in remission right now. The only thing that's bothering me is silent reflux. The sore throat...
  19. V

Hey jlynx, Good to hear that you're feeling better. I think the antibiotics really helped me too but I don't want to use them long term. The ENT doctor told me my tongue have white thrush from the use of antibiotics. Did you get your bill from the blood work? Mine came back and it wasn't cheap...
  20. V

hey jlynx, how are you? I went to see an ENT who diagnosed me with silent GERD. I've been experiencing like a sore throat feeling and she inserted a tiny camera up my nose that can view my throat. She prescribed pepcid I guess the acid can go up to your throat. She also told me that the...
  21. V

Hey jlynx. That's good news! Good to hear that you're gonna get LDN. I heard that's really helpful for fatigue. I didn't purchase my refills of Lyme herbal tincture from them coz I can get it from Amazon.com cheaper :) I'm glad your appointment went well. I hope you get over fatigue soon.
  22. V

hey jlynx, how was your appointment? Hope it went well.
  23. V

hey jlynx, Thanks for asking. Well, I felt like my 3rd appointment wasn't really necessary in my opinion. I think it would have been more productive if I had my 2nd blood test results. Dr G just gave me the form last Thursday. He just asked me if I'm feeling better and since I am he just...
  24. V

i'm glad that someone can relate with me. I really appreciate exchanging notes with you. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Maybe I can meet you at Dr. G's clinic one day. :) My appt is this Thursday.
  25. V

I hope you get the form because sometimes blood test results take time. Hopefully Dr G wont request for lots of them in my next blood test. They took 13 tubes of blood from me for my initial and no kidding I felt like I was gonna pass out lol.
  26. V

I wish I could help you, I live 30 mins away from King of Prussia. However, I don't think they will give me the form since it's a patient privacy thing lol. Maybe they scan and email it to you? They didn't ask me for blood test. My guess is that my Lyme treatment will be a while since I've...
  27. V

hey jlynx, how are ya? I'm still taking these antimicrobials for Lyme. It's getting pretty expensive as I had to reorder the herbals (Amazon.com) but these things are for my health so cant put price on that I guess. I developed colds, cough and sore throat last Monday and I rarely, almost...
  28. V

hi, I heard activated charcoal is also good detox for people with Lyme. I bought Parsley for detox, it's another microbial tincture from NutraMedix. Some people who experience foot or muscle pain have tried foot soaks using Epsom salt. I tried it once and felt relaxed afterwards. Yeah, I saw...
  29. V

its good that the Valcyte is kicking in. I think you're right, we have to treat the virus first in order to get better. I saw D-Ribose too but I heard it can be bad if you easily get kidney stones which i do lol.
  30. V

There's one product from Amazon that I bought when my fatigue was bad last year. It's called "fatigue to fantastic". It's a multivitamin supplement. It did help me when I was really feeling weak. You can check out the reviews and see if this is something that you're willing to try...