• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. E

Anyone tried ketamine?

I'm not familiar with sodium benzoate's uses before other than it's a preservative found in foods and drinks as E211, but here's some of its medical uses: Sodium Benzoate: Uses, Dangers, and Safety https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sodium-benzoate I haven't tried ketamine yet but I'm mostly...
  2. E

Comment by 'eon' in 'Covid-19 has made me ponder whether humanity is that great after all?'

Anyone else get the hunch that the virus feels more like it's in "the air" all around us? There have been people that got sick that weren't even close to being "exposed" to anyone that was sick. I'm not sure why the Australian wildfires that killed over a billion animals last year isn't looked...
  3. E

How are copper pillows great for sleep and antibacterial?

None of those at all. I've tried supplemental copper so I know the difference. Are you saying not to use a pillowcase?
  4. E

How are copper pillows great for sleep and antibacterial?

Most supplements I've tried and worked for sleep such as ZMK have copper in it. I'm just curious though how a copper pillow or anything copper that's not a pill would have any effect on me. I could actually feel it working. Is it due to its electrical conductivity? I've just tried a copper...
  5. E

Comment by 'eon' in 'Covid-19 has made me ponder whether humanity is that great after all?'

Humanity is great? We treat each other with respect? You might want to reiterate all the things you've assumed.
  6. E

Hydroxychloroquine / Plaquenil and the Covid-19 / Coronavirus

Careful with self medicating and make sure you have the right version of the drug. Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump Touts Drug For Coronavirus Man Dead From Taking Chloroquine Product After Trump Touts Drug For Coronavirus...
  7. E

So it's either chloronique or hydrochloronique? One or the other or both? The latter being safer?
  8. E

Where to order Imunovir Now???

Which Pine Cone product did you get? Any experience with Epicor too?
  9. E

Sponge bathing

I wonder how to use witch hazel for "evening out the skin" (whatever that means lol). My forearms are darker than my arms. I guess this could use some witch hazel? Am I better off with a body wash with witch hazel or what? Any suggestions?
  10. E

Sponge bathing

Regarding witch hazel; how do I use or apply this to my skin? Is this as good as isopropyl alcohol for cleaning or it's totally different? I just bought a bottle at Walmart.
  11. E

Does isopropyl alcohol actually help with the coronavirus vs. a stringent like witch hazel?
  12. E

Any opinion on Isoprinosine? It was discussed on this forum few years ago regarding other viral infections so I thought I'd bring it up. I believe it's more of an immunomodulator and was wondering how I can buy it here in the U.S.
  13. E

anyone here use proviron to great results?

I don't believe my inquiry has anything to do with Proviron and CFS issues whatsoever, just a question if Proviron is good for its intended use and if anyone here has ever tried it.
  14. E

anyone here use proviron to great results?

I've read great things about Proviron. I'm curious if anyone here ever used it to great results?
  15. E

Anyone tried ketamine?

From what I've read from people was that taking Ketamine orally has low bioavailability, maybe unless what you took was formulated to be taken orally and has good enough bioavailability? What was it that you took exactly?
  16. E

Anyone tried ketamine?

I'm curious where you get your transdermal magnesium? Is it more potent than simply supplementing with 400 mg or higher of oral magnesium? I have yet to find a domestic seller of xenon gas for human use. I found a Chinese one on Ebay but I'm not sure I trust the source. He told me it's human...
  17. E

Hypoxic Brain Damage Swollen Lymph Nodes, Toxoplasmosis, Bacterial Infection, Head Numbness

I'm curious if anyone here know more about iodine supplementation? I had read great reviews about Lugol's iodine on amazon. One reviewer stated that iodine is the most potent antifungal there is. I wonder what it can do for all of us with these lyme and toxo issues (I have some lyme traces, but...
  18. E

Hypoxic Brain Damage Swollen Lymph Nodes, Toxoplasmosis, Bacterial Infection, Head Numbness

I got my Lyme and Toxoplasmosis tests done. While I am negative for both, Lyme however seem to have been present at one point in time, below is the result or "flags": Lyme Disease Ab, Quant, IgM - 0.83 - HIGH For one to be truly negative of Lyme disease, it has to be <0.80, for positive...
  19. E

I wish I could find the article or so that I read. It wasn't just a claim by some schmoe from a forum. It was a legitimate claim. If true, there should be studies on pubmed if anyone care to provide sources here. Either way I'd still need to get my tetanus shot since it has been over 10 years...
  20. E

I've read about getting a tetanus shot/vaccination to prevent Lyme. Any clue why this is of all things? I'm about to get vaccinated for tetanus as it has been over 10 years (if I can even remember).
  21. E

I'm curious if inosine is stimulating considering it is used as a "pre workout" supplement?
  22. E

any experience with kavinace?

Glad to know my intuition was correct. I had a strong feeling about it. If anyone knows, do doctors get a commission for medications they prescribe either from the rep or direct from the pharmaceuticals (and their rep, etc.). Anyone know how the prescription drug business work?
  23. E

any experience with kavinace?

I'm curious how you people have heard of Kavinace? Was it recommended by a doctor? Someone told me that her doctor who has another practice recommended her Kavinace, but it isn't covered by insurance and these products put out by Neuro Science can get expensive when you can get the bulk powders...
  24. E

Unipathic Medicine Reveals Better Treatment for Chronic Lyme Disease http://finance.yahoo.com/news/unipathic-medicine-reveals-better-treatment-183753231.html;_ylt=A0LEV1Lim_hUHVoAYRVXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTEzdW5vZ2pxBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNTYzXzEEc2VjA3Nj Borrelia (Lyme disease) and its...
  25. E

Me? Originally psychotic disorder (everything else goes with it OCD, depression, anger, etc.). I truly believe I had some Toxo considering I loved cats as a child. I also suspected of Lyme disease considering I live in the Northeastern part of the U.S. where it is most prevalent. I just got my...
  26. E

What was the minocycline script for? So 1 week at what dose? 100mg or 200mg daily? Minocycline also is said to work for Toxo as salvage treatment.
  27. E

I looked up how to treat Toxoplasmosis with Atovaquone on drugs.com and the dose seem high (750mg) and the length of treatment as well 2-6 months. Maybe I'm naive considering the most I've ever been on antibiotic was about a week. Then again Minocycline is said to be ok to take daily year round...
  28. E

which pine cone extract product are you all taking? I wonder how other "pine" products would be beneficial? I do eat pine nuts. I've taken Pine supplements (this probably isn't from the cone). I wonder what Pine Bark Extract (Pycnogenol) is all about. I think this is from the French Maritime...