• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. danceintherain

Advice on thyroid treatment

I tried LDN at less than .5 mg (I had to split it myself). It made me sick and kept me up all night, even if I took it in the am. They say that stuff goes away, but I don't have time to deal with it right now. I am pursuing other options.
  2. danceintherain

I never tied carbinazole actually, so I have no idea if I would have a problem. I've always taken the methimazole, right from the start. I'm sorry you are having problems. Maybe try the methimazole? Try looking for a functional medicine doctor as well. Or a dr that will let you try an herbal...
  3. danceintherain

I take 5mg methimazole. I am not familiar with your med. at my last check, my T3 was normal. I have blood work coming up again in a couple weeks. They have to check my antibodies. I get migraines too, but not from thyroid issues. Sorry you are having to deal with that.
  4. danceintherain

Why taking glutamine can make your sleep worse

Can you just take the glutamine in the morning? I had been taking glutamine, a few years ago, for quite a while. I noticed a good improvement in my gut health. I took it once in the am, upon waking, and once in the evening, close to bedtime. I decided to start back up again since I have been...
  5. danceintherain

LED red intranasal light therapy

Thank you again for your input. It is greatly appreciated!
  6. danceintherain

Thank you for your help! I find it interesting that you say the 655 is better for sleep, as the vielight company told me the 810 was better. I also seem to be wrestling with some anxiety and depression as some of my symptoms have gotten significantly worse recently. Until this pat October, I...
  7. danceintherain

Thank you for your help! How long does it usually take to see some results? I think I have some neurological issues that cause my insomnia. The vielight company told me the 810 was the best model for sleep, so it's interesting that you say the 655 is better. I have been wrestling with some...
  8. danceintherain

Are there any new reports from reliable sources and users of the 810? I am desperate for some sleep and I would like some input aside from a store selling the product.
  9. danceintherain

Nausea with B12

Do you still just use the methylfolate tablets? Or is there a transdermal folate as well? If not, you use the tablets at the same time as you apply the oil, or start before-hand, to give the folate time to absorb?
  10. danceintherain

Nausea with B12

Thank you so much! Do you know if the oils work as well as the tablets?
  11. danceintherain

Nausea with B12

I just tried adeno B12 under the inner lip and after only a few minutes I began having nausea and a headache came on as well. I looked at the ingredients after it kept getting worse, and saw it has sweetener and flavoring. Are there any that don't? I am very sensitive to sweeteners in...
  12. danceintherain

Thymus Gland Glandulars- What has worked for you?

thank you. There is so much information to be found regarding hypo but I have been having a terrible time gathering info about hyperthyroidism.
  13. danceintherain

Hmmm...I am not sure taking pituitary would be a good idea for me, since I am hyperthyroid. Maybe any glandular is a bad idea b/c of it. But I think my brain needs some serious boosting, or even resetting. And I desperately need my sleep fixed. Thanks for your replies.
  14. danceintherain

Another question: do you know if any of these glandulars help with sleep? Or interfere? I have horrible sleep problems and have tried pretty much everything there is to try. I haven't tried the vielight 810 or glandulars yet.
  15. danceintherain

Which brand of hypothalamus glandulars did you use?
  16. danceintherain

any experience with kavinace?

I took Kavinace and had a terrible experience. The first night it did nothing. My doctor told me to double it the second night and the next day I felt awful...not the groggy hung over feeling you can get from sleep aides. I actually felt achy and sick. I had muscle spasms in my neck and head. My...
  17. danceintherain

Supplement brands

Is there a thread which has all the latest brands of the supplements used in the Fredd protocol (at least the most needed ones). It is really hard to keep track because many threads say certain brands are no longer recommended, other threads are older and it is pretty hard to read every single...
  18. danceintherain

Jack Kruse Interview - Biohacking Your Water, EMFs, Blue Light, DHA, Cold, Sun and Sleep

Thank you for the information. I didn't actually watch the video posted here, nor have I ever read the blog. I have never heard of him at all. I tend to do a lot of research about everything. I am not the type to just believe whatever I hear. But again, thank you for your comments. I appreciate it.
  19. danceintherain

Jack Kruse Interview - Biohacking Your Water, EMFs, Blue Light, DHA, Cold, Sun and Sleep

I have had regular testing for candida and fungus in general, as in fungal infections that are commonly treated, but environmental mold...I don't think so. I will look into it. Thank you.
  20. danceintherain

Well, I am glad to know its not just me that gets worse with the grounding devices. Thank you for letting me know. I haven't had any success with magnesium for EMFs but I still use it for other reasons. I did have success after implementing a strict healthy diet, doing a large supplement...
  21. danceintherain

Best lab for hair analysis

Where is the best place to have a hair analysis done?
  22. danceintherain

I can feel EMF's a lot of the time. It makes me feel worse than normal and I get even more tired. Some devices are stronger than others (typically the newer the device the worse it is). I always have this strange dizzy-like feeling, 24/7, and it gets significantly worse when I get near something...
  23. danceintherain

Do I need to stop my supplements?

Thank you for your comments. I did not notice any specific symptoms since I started vitamin A and it has been a while, but I can try stopping it to see if there are any positive changes. I started with Vit D at only an 18 and then got to low 30's with 10,000iu supplements. I did not notice any...
  24. danceintherain

Thank you for all of your comments. I apologize for not putting the individual quotes here to give answers...I have only figured out how to quote one person ( I see the "multiquote" but I just don't know how to use it). So I am sorry...I tried to comment on everything. I know it is a but...
  25. danceintherain

Thank you. I would definitely start low. I know I am becoming increasingly sensitive to things. The supplements I take now were added very gradually. I can stop one at a time, seeing if anything changes, but I don't know how long I would have to wait to tell, if it didn't happen right away. For...
  26. danceintherain

I asked some questions in another thread and was advised to start my own with details about my symptoms, what supplements I take, and by SNP's I have. So this is long. Very long. I know I am not as bad off as a lot of people, but in I just wanted to give you as much info as possible. I have...
  27. danceintherain

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Starting the protocol improperly made me hyperthyroid and I lost a lot of weight. Then I got hypothyroid. Still loosing weight (I have Hashi's). (Sorry...I haven't quite figured out how to do the quote thing. If I did it before, I don't know how it happened). That is why I am trying to make...
  28. danceintherain

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Thank you both. That is quite helpful. I have no idea what all of my genetic variations are, since I never got a comprehensive test, but I have gotten some tests and I have a +/+ for vit D malabsorption (although my dad has excellent vitamin D numbers), and I have a +/+ for the mthfr gene (I...
  29. danceintherain

B-12 - The Hidden Story

I don't know what SNP stands for. There are a lot of abbreviations people use here. I have figured out some, but it would be really helpful to have some sort of reference page...or maybe there is one I haven't found?