• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Anesthesia

I had nitrous oxide and died on the dentists chair. He resuscitated me and I was looking out of the window when I came round but can't remember much else.
  2. B

Dark Side of Vitamin A(retinol)

It seems that the emphasis on here has been on taking too much of a vitamin A supplement. However, there is a great storm in alternative health circles, to recognise just how big the problem is, not just with supplementing it but from the amount in food and the variation in people of the ability...
  3. B

A seemingly unexplored simple explanation for ME/CFS and my experiments with it

I have used spooky 2 successfully for a number of things like, pleuricy, fractured toe, gall bladder pain, but I don't think it is useful on its own for MCS or CFS. I don't bother much with it but if I had an infection it would be out immediately.
  4. B

Help finding B12 sources please!

Hmm car battery acid could be that lol
  5. B

"Folic Acid 200mcg / 50% Vitamin B12 (As cyanocobalamin) 2000mcg / 33‚333%" Not suitable for those who have certain snp's and that Freddd warned against.
  6. B

I would like to know what 'natural berry flavours' is first.
  7. B

Methylene Blue -- The "Perfect Supplement" For ME/CFS (?)

I have been trying to cope with a dental crisis and have put returning to MB for now. I have liquid. Forgot where it came from but here is one: https://www.fishersci.co.uk/shop/products/methylene-blue-pure-certified/10455081
  8. B

Dental blues

My biological dentist advised against using this product with my sensitivities. The temporary filling has holded but the molar next to it has started to crumble. I am feeling very depressed about it. Anyway, I feel my dentist let me down as they could not fit me in to a time convenient for me...
  9. B

Dental blues

I saw a biological dentist yesterday, and he is going to take my amalgams out. I have had no dental treatment for about 10 years, no hygienist, and he kept saying that my gums are very healthy, no plaque and all teeth sound (apart from the disintergrating wisdom tooth which is going to be filled...
  10. B

Copper, Thiamine, Memory Loss, Adrenal Issues

@willowhope me again. I have had more time to study your post and comment more on it. Maybe you are suffering from an overload of supplements. Did you try coming off them all. There are some very clever people on the Ray Peat forums who might be able suggest a few things as some of them are...
  11. B

Copper, Thiamine, Memory Loss, Adrenal Issues

Hi @willowhope Which lab did your HTMA? Apparently there are only 2 who do it properly by not washing the samples. I also have the copper problem and trying to sort that out. I was having vertigo which was pretty scary as I am old and scared in case I fall, being alone most of the time. I...
  12. B

Dental blues

I've been doing a lot of reading recently, since a heavily amalgamed molar/wisdom tooth has been disintergrating, including the mercury. The root looks good however, and I do want to keep the tooth if possible as I have already lost 5. For the past few years, maybe 8, I have not been attending...
  13. B

Candida disappearing with Calcium

You need vitamin K (MK4) for proper calcium distribution.
  14. B

Lab test in UK....

for: lactate, pyruvate, beta- hydroxybutrate, acetoacetate thanks.
  15. B

(Dentistry Question) I'm getting a crown and need to avoid metals..some advice needed (UK)

I would go to a mercury free biological dentist for better crown materials.
  16. B

Dizziness.

I did get an xray as it seemed to be the only way forward and it was good news, although it has raised the inflammation levels in my body - bladder problems, my weak spot. The root looks very healthy, and the dentist says that a filler can be put alongside what mercury is left. However, the NHS...
  17. B

Dizziness.

I don't know what happened to the nicotine/long covid thread, but the dizziness that I was associating with it, is more likely to do with the disintergrating heavily amalgamed wisdom tooth, I have become concerned about the last week, so I have been reading up. It said that mercury will stop...
  18. B

The Latest Long Hauler Research From Dr. Bruce Patterson

Nicotine patches and gum, are being experimented with on the Ray Peat forum. Nicotine being a known spike protein antagonist at the ACE2 receptor, is apparently not addictive, the additives to cigarettes being the culprit.
  19. B

Manganese : chelated v. ionic

WaterOz has suddenly gone out of business in case anyone was thinking of ordering.
  20. B

Me/cfs and methylene blue

Thank you so much for that. Very interesting. I have tried many diets - raw vegan, macrobiotic, keto and the rest. This time it was out of desperation having suffered interstitial cystitis for a year. Giving up grains cured that immediately. I have not used medications for about 20 years or so...
  21. B

Thank you for your interest and the link. I refuse all pharmaceuticals so no and yes I monitor it at home but have not done for a few weeks. Must do it soon. Recently I quit all grains and dairy and hope that will help with inflammation.
  22. B

Thank you @Garz Yes I do have Lyme, and MCAS and high histamine. I gave up trying to treat Lyme a while back but have been getting back to it with Cats Claw and hopefully soon Rife. Maybe I should stop the MB till then. It was just the HBP that concerned me.
  23. B

I'm back to trying it again but at a miniscule dose. If my blood pressure rises again I will try a herbal remedy to lower it. So I started with one drop in a glass of orange juice, and drank one quarter of it. That's pretty low. I took it in orange juice - a tip from the Ray Peat forum. I will...
  24. B

HealthRising: "ME/CFS and the Coronavirus Vaccine: Is There a Better Way?"

At the time, it was looking like it was going to be compulsory and it's not over yet .It was a 'just in case'. I never get colds either but came down with covid.
  25. B

HealthRising: "ME/CFS and the Coronavirus Vaccine: Is There a Better Way?"

Being extremely sensitive to everything, I chose not to get va xxed and asked my surgery to give me exemption which they did, but only for a year when I would have to ask again. Therefore I joined the control group and have to fill in a form online every month to say whether I have been ill...
  26. B

Interstitial Cystitis and ME/CFS

Hey Tammy thanks for that recipe. I am using some bought lentil crispbreads that I like. Trying to avoid almond flour apart from the bread mix buns 2 x week due to oxalate but many grain free recipes have it in. I just bought some tiger nut flour. Had some dairy again but it gave me gas so I...
  27. B

Agreed suffering always changes us, sometimes not for the better. It has been the necessity of turning to Christ, there being no-one else to turn to that has changed my life. I have never done a strict elimination diet or a rotation diet though have found improvement after fasting through...
  28. B

@Rufous McKinney I had read No Grain No Pain Dr Peter Osborne, who says that those with gluten intolerance, more than likely have intolerance to all grains, and to other things too like dairy, as all grains have gluten but a different type. I decided to come off them slowly as I am 73 and such...
  29. B

I must retract what I said earlier, about birch leaves Yes, while they did help a lot and cleared IC a number of times, there came a point, a few months ago when nothing was working for more than a few days and I was in agony often and even quite lost the will to live, it was so bad. But I have...
  30. B

Trending towards fatigue

Hi Dyllan I was also poisoned by a massive pesticide exposure, which came after a lifetime of mercury poisoning in my infancy (Pink Disease aka mercury in teething powders). It was not only a one off exposure, but a chronic one when the pesticide was circulated when using the vacuum cleaner...