• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

MTHFR Pyridoxine HCL

Hmmm... the reason I ask is that I usually have no dream recollection. I am wondering now if it is possible that I have pyroluria... I have all the symptoms. My Spectracell showed that I am actually low in copper, and fine on b6 and zinc. It makes me wonder how accurate those Would it make...
  2. D

MTHFR Pyridoxine HCL

What happens when someone with an MTHFR mutation takes pyridoxine HCL instead of P5P? Is it harmful?
  3. D

Sulfur oxidation, or heavy metals?

What is the cause for not tolerating the epsom salts? This is what I ultimately want to know, whether there is a possibility of a sulphur oxidation problem so I know whether to go through the trouble of doing a low thiol diet for a while to see if it helps. I basically want to know if these...
  4. D

Why do you mention uric acid?
  5. D

CBS and sulfur veggies, help me make some sense of it!

I haven't checked my thyroid, but that's on my radar. The thing here is that most sulfur veggies are fodmaps, and I have horrible gut brain issues anyway so any symptoms should be taken with a grain of salt. It seems that I get more reactions when I take in sulfur (cabbage, epsom salt baths...
  6. D

Some background, I broke out in hives when taking a sulfa drug years ago, and I always get bloated after eat sulfur veggies... but then again I get bloated after eating almost anything and sulfur veggies also happen to usually be FODMAPS which I have even more trouble tolerating. Also, I've had...
  7. D

Were you having any symptoms at all?
  8. D

I've read that high mercury can be a cause for thiol/sulfur intolerance. My metal test showed high mercury, so there's that.
  9. D

So are you saying is that CBS and sulfur are unrelated? And what could be causing my sulfur problem? Is it possible that I'll be able to add them back slowly after I take a break for a while??
  10. D

So then what about Dr. Yasko's work? What you are saying is pretty contradictory to what I've read about CBS mutation. Anyway, I would probably still benefit from charcoal flushes and low sulfur, correct?
  11. D

So if it shouldn't be causing problems with my diet, then how do you come to that conclusion? It is causing problems with my diet. And epsom salt baths etc.
  12. D

Hi forum. So, I recently have been tested and diganosed for double heterozygous MTHFR, but now, I realize that every time I eat a sulfur veggie it sits like a brick and I get an adverse reaction to. I also have some symptoms associated with depleted BH4. Do I likely have a CBS mutation or a...