• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

What would cause extreme gum sensitivity from taking B12? I normally don't have this, and did not have it when doing B12 injections in the past. But, the sublinguals cause this. Is this a start up symptom? Should I take more to get over the hump or decrease the dose? I'd just like to know...
  2. C

Has anyone tried the Salt/Vit C or ,Blasi,or the FWIW Protocol ?

I start my day with a glass of water with unrefined sea salt and powdered vitamin C. It does help me, as I require alot of salt not to feel weak. And I know I am low in antioxidants per the Spectrocell test. But, I do alot of other things also and take alot of other supplements. Deb
  3. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

For those people with nausea I've read several posts about people experiencing nausea. This is a symptom I am VERY familiar with. However, in the past couple of years it has been much, much better. I think I require alot of salt. I start my day with celtic sea salt in water. Also, I drink...
  4. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Freddd, Since starting the b12 and 5 methyl folate I've started having some dizziness. I'm wondering what supplement I am missing that might be causing this. Could it be low potassium. I'm not taking a potassium supplement. Thanks, Deb
  5. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Freddd, Is the urine MMA test more specific than the blood MMA? I have read that the urine MMA test will show a b12 deficiency. deb
  6. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Fred, I know that one will get a pink/dark tinged urine with methyl b12 injections, but does taking it S.L. produce that also. I thought I read something in all this info where you mentioned something about checking the color of urine after taking it SL. Is the excess what one would see...
  7. C

Glutathione & Precursors - Detox or Induced Methylb12 and Methylfolate Deficiencies?

Susan, You said you had low homocysteine. You might want to investigate CBS upregulation. www.heartfixer.com has easy to understand info about the genetic defects that alot of us have. Click on the top link...Comprehensive Heart Care. Then click Methyl Cycle Genomics. I too have low...
  8. C

B-12 - The Hidden Story

Hi Fred, I had a 10mg methyl B12 shot along with 400mcg of folic acid. I felt amazing the day after the shot and also the next day. Then it wore off, never to be repeated with the subsequent shots. I had the first injection at my dr.s office and I did the following shots at home. I was...