• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. R

My journey to heal from CFS - diary

Here are a few important notes: - I think Omega 3 from Krill oil was helping me tremendously. I need to find a reliable, effective but affordable brand ASAP. I am currently looking for other inflammation modulators to help. - I think that CDS was very helpful for me, back in March and April...
  2. R

Anti inflammatory supplements

Hi there, I believe I need to do way more in terms of anti-inflammatory / inflammation modulation. When my Krill oil ended 2 months ago, I didn't reorder. I regret that now. So, I will be restarting Krill oil soon (about 800mg EPA and DHA). Do you know any affordable but good brand? I am...
  3. R

Do you ever think about your financial future?

I am so lucky that I have a research grant and I can "work" from home. When that grant is up, I think I will have saved enough money to survive off the dividends that money generates (about $750 per month). I understand that I am very very fortunate, I think that a lot of people eventually die...
  4. R

Mutaflor versus chelation

Hi @Tuskentank I am mercury, lead, cadmium and arsenic toxic. I am HEAVILY toxic, and that is the cause of 60% of my CFS, I am sure. How is your methylation? Have you tested your genes? Best
  5. R

@Learner1 Stick around for another little while, please. :) Could you please point me to good and basic reads on methylation? This is something I haven't studied yet. I came across the concept several times, but never found easy reads on this. Yes, I know the concept of metal redistribution by...
  6. R

@Learner1 I live in Portugal. Heavy metals is not a big problem here. This country is very clean, if we compare it to the US. Even tap water is OK (I filter it though). I feel I know more about health than my naturopath, which is a fucked up feeling. I simply don't have the experience of...
  7. R

OK. I've been really making some progress as far as "getting to the bottom of my condition", and here's my take: 1 - There is no such thing as CFS. CFS is a condition - or a group of symptoms - that many people arrive at, through different paths. It may be Lyme, heavy toxicity, a virus or a...
  8. R

hi y'all I've been doing very bad lately, especially today. However, I did bet better for a long while. I've recently (last 45 days) been feeling really bad (ups and downs), with more symptoms, such as head pressure, swollen head and eyes, impaired ability to focus or concentrate, sensation my...
  9. R

What symptoms exactly?
  10. R

I didn't ask how to do the ascorbic acid, did I? ;-) Or do you think that this is what I meant with "a plan in action that will activate the detox pathways by removing all the garbage that is in my body and slowly rebinding it." This has nothing to do with vit C. I mean, vitamin C will be a...
  11. R

This is awesome! Congrats on the detail. I hope you're feeling better. I am on my way to stabilize, I think. I haven't been feeling so awful in the past days, but I still seem to have a lot of symptoms from this setback, including: - Swollen head, face and eyes, especially when I wake up. -...
  12. R

Just leaving some pointers, as this will be useful in the future... I know what I want to do, as the protocol is ready to go. I am simply finishing the CDS cycle and then I will start my grand plan. Either way, these are things I want to explore either during the plan or after if I have no...
  13. R

Did you do it like in the video? Soy lecithin + ascorbic acid in the ultrasonic cleaner? You mean the liposomal it didn't increase your bowel movements? How much were you taking? I plan to take it as pure ascorbic acid, liposomal or both. Perhaps a few capsules here and there, but not as a...
  14. R

Dear @pamojja, Thanks a lot for this comment. Yes, once I am done with CDS, I will slowly increase my C to 6-8g/day, taken throughout the day w/ magnesium (different forms). Regarding the form of C, what form and brand do you take? I will take either buffered C or liposomal C (I will...
  15. R

I am writing this here so that I can come back to it and appreciate feeling better. I am on total crash, feeling exhausted, super dizzy, my head hurts a lot, nausea, etc. This is by far the worst status of the past 90 days. I believe this happened due to a combination of factors such as: - The...
  16. R

OK, this food poisoning episode brought me down like fuck. I was better 2 and 3 days after the episode, and when I thought I was going full speed towards recovery... These days have been bad, very bad. I feel very weak and dizzy (the latter the entire day), not to mention this sense of feeling...
  17. R

Hi y'all, I decided to take 5 days off and head to the beach side. The first days were amazing, but then I have got food poisoning, which was extremely hard to handle: my dizziness broke loose like never before and I honestly wanted to die... At first I thought it was actually the dizziness...
  18. R

Hi y'all, Since April 28th, I've been feeling like shit. Honestly, I can't connect the dots. I new that eating more cashews and a small bite of dark chocolate would cause dizziness to appear, but this went too south too fast. This was not a crash, this was a total meltdown. I've been trying to...
  19. R

Drinking baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) may treat autoimmune disease

I thought this was standard practice among people with CFS... I do this every single day...
  20. R

I just read my messages from February, and realized I am WAY better than before. This is great news. I am actually so caught up in this bubble that I tend to have problems seeing the forest... I can only see the tree. Today is a very bad day (the worst of the last 30 or so, by far), but I know...
  21. R

Could you please lay the foundation for this answer? This goes opposite to everything I know about eggs. Thanks
  22. R

I see Brenda, thats a good point. However, I've been tweaking my diet and trying out different foods, while watching out for changes in the symptoms. I realized that fat (good fats, that is - I don't consume bad fats) TEND TO cause the problem. This is true for highly concentrated fats such as...
  23. R

Thanks for the reply Brenda. I haven't, but will do soon (I will be traveling and I won't take supplements with me). Other than that, no fast. I am thinner than ever and I only weight about 150 pounds (I use to weight 190), given that my diet is ultra clean. I am actually afraid if I fast...
  24. R

The patterns are the same: I get better for 10 days, I relapse for 3-5 days. Anyways, I am getting better overall, so I will continue to do what I've been doing. I think I will reduce animal protein to 1-2 servings per day, though. Not for now, but maybe "soon". I am not 100% regular yet, but...
  25. R

Huge energy today with Grapefruit and Ubiquinol (Coenzyme Q10). We'll see about tomorrow.

Has someone tried grapefruit seed extract instead of grapefruit juice?
  26. R

Thanks Sundancer, but when I do eggs I do 4 whole eggs, so there is a lotta fat in there (smtg like 20g-25g)!
  27. R

Hi y'all, The 30 days before April 10th were the best I've had since October. The dizziness was 95% gone in that period, I had enough energy to work from home and my emotional state got up, as a result. In the past 5 days, I've had another relapse, and I am dizzy again. The day I got worse...
  28. R

Thanks a lot for the comment, but no alcool in my system. :-)
  29. R

Hi y'all, 1) I am getting more and more regular (seem to fail 2 days every 10 days). What helps: some low GI fruits, 1 espresso after breakfast (I am still on my egg-free 30 day journey, not sure whether this impacts the result). I am still not on point, so this is my priority still. I feel...
  30. R

Supplementation regime update Empty stomach: Ionic minerals (30 drops) and Turmeric+Bromelain* (300mg + 150mg respectively) BF - Vitamin D 4.000IU - Fish Oil 2g - Krill Oil 1 cap (about 400mg EPA/DHA) - Cats claw 500mg - Vitamin A 4.000IU (will start soon) - 5HTP (will start soon) - Essential...