• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. 1

Polyphagia (excessive hunger/appetite) and ME/CFS

Lots of interesting theories here, but a simpler explanation for some (at least in my experience) may just be excess stomach acid, which can be resolved with a course of antacids. That's what happens to me -- I'll go through period where I'll feel *extremely* hungry, and eat and eat and eat...
  2. 1

Moderate success with hookworms/helminthic therapy after 2.5 yrs

That's really interesting Zippy, thanks for sharing, and all the best with the Christmas presents! :)
  3. 1

Hip, yeah 100% "wired but tired" for sure, even before CFS/FM (or more likely: in the run up to CFS). Going on a low salicylate/amine diet has helped, and relieved the stressed-to-depressed rollercoaster considerably (felt somewhat happy for the first time in a long time when I went on the...
  4. 1

Zippy, thanks for sharing your experiences too, really interesting, especially that you've gone "off grid". Interesting points about ongoing dosing too -- I should have a think about that. How do you self inoculate, if you don't mind me asking? Is it the eggs-on-a-patch-on-your-arm approach?
  5. 1

Hey all, I've had CFS/FM for 15 years. I'm 36 y/o male, tried everything, and finally have a slightly positive story to share. It's not an incredible story as per (http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/incredible-improvements-with-helminthic-therapy.48955/) but it's sustained...