• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. sheclimber

Freddd's Protocol: Penetrative Dose Questions

Well, I went ahead and tried it using the Anabol Naturals. Yes, they are very sweet, but they haven't seemed to have any negative impact on my teeth - I would know because I've been going to the dentist twice a week as she agreed to try an ozone experiment with me to try and help me avoid a root...
  2. sheclimber

Thanks @whodathunkit - saves me wasting supplements with uses that won't be helpful :)
  3. sheclimber

Can the CNS penetration test for MeCbl be done with sublingual, or do you need an injection?
  4. sheclimber

B-Complex Assembly Questions

I've read here that niacin in excess will slow down methylation and/or create insatiable needs for folate - do you agree with this? Also, @Sherpa said earlier in this thread: "Can inositol hexanicotinate cause flushing? The Seeking Health rep says it contains 150mg inositol hexanicotinate and...
  5. sheclimber

I did more research and came across this same info, but my experience doesn't concur. One capuse of B-minus on an empty stomach caused significant, undeniable flushing in me that lasted for 20-30 minutes. I suppose I could have had an allergic reaction to it, but when I take it with food the...
  6. sheclimber

Also wondering about amount - how much B6 do you take now? There's only 5 mg in the NatureMade B-Complex with C.
  7. sheclimber

i'm curious how you knew that your B6 levels were maxed out - did it produce specific symptoms?
  8. sheclimber

my understanding is that niacinamide is the only "flush-free" niacin. time-released delivery can affect flushing as well, but b-minus doesn't have that.
  9. sheclimber

I have the same experience when I take it with food. My husband even said to me, "you're so hot, I hope you're not getting a fever." When I take it without food, I turn bright red and have horrible red splotched down my arms.
  10. sheclimber

thank you @ahmo and @Gondwanaland - I'll look into both of those. I think I'll try the Swanson's first, one last try to see if a complete complex will work for me.
  11. sheclimber

Tried this one and it's got too much niacin for me, meaning it causes flushing even when I take it with food, so I'm assuming that's too much niacin for me. The amounts for B1 and B2 look pretty high in this for me. I know that Pure Encapsulations B-Complex (100mg B1 and 5mg B2) made me need...
  12. sheclimber

For those who put together their own version of a B-Complex, do you have any recommendations for starting places for brands and doses? I'm planning to try the NatureMade B-Complex with C (per one capsule): 15mg B1 (as Thiamin Mononitrate) 10.2mg B2 (Riboflavin) 50mg B3 (Niacin as Niacinamide)...
  13. sheclimber

Can taking b vitamins without niacin cause niacin deficiency?

I don't know it seems strange to me too, but I thought I'd try it since the Pure Encapsulations B-complex seemed to be boosting my need for folate. The B-Minus at night with food still causes a little flushing, so I'm assuming that's going to shut down methylation, which is clearly the opposite...
  14. sheclimber

Poll: Freddd's B-12 Treatment Plan

It would also be great if we could somehow factor time into the poll, might have to use an outside service like survey monkey. I haven't voted in the poll because I've only been on the protocol for 2 months, and I'm still adding things in. That said, I'm already solidly at Moderate Improvement...
  15. sheclimber

Can taking b vitamins without niacin cause niacin deficiency?

I just made the mistake of taking this one on an empty stomach - hello niacin flush! Lucky I knew what was happening otherwise I would have been terrified. My new plan is to take my last MeB12 and Folate dose with dinner and have the B-minus before bed with a little snack.
  16. sheclimber

@sregan - thanks I will definitely look into PABA and Lithium
  17. sheclimber

Comment by 'sheclimber' in 'My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol'

just keeping track of things i want to factor in for updates, here's a nice cofactor review by @sregan: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/methylation-forum-notes-smp-cofactor-notes.1694/
  18. sheclimber

just found this b-complex mentioned in one of the forums: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-ultra-activated-b-complex-high-bioavailability-60-veg-caps i may give it a try when the one i just bought runs out because it looks pretty good on all the amounts
  19. sheclimber

Does Green Tea count as a glutathione precursor?

@Inester7 - how might one be sure of their cytokines?
  20. sheclimber

Does Green Tea count as a glutathione precursor?

I'm curious what others have to say about this. Green tea may have been shown to increase levels of glutathione (here's one study suggesting this) and so I'm wondering if those of us avoiding other glutathione precursors like NAC should also be avoiding green tea.
  21. sheclimber

hey @sregan, glad you like the doc. do you have any more specifics on the PABA (brand, dose, where you got the idea to try it, anything else)? thanks!
  22. sheclimber

I just uploaded an edited version that reflects the changes suggested below for AdoB12 procedure and brand recommendations for B-complex.
  23. sheclimber

Another correction I need to make - Pure Encapsulations B-Complex is not recommended. If anyone knows what brand is recommended, please let me know.
  24. sheclimber

Overmethylated, yet inspired! What next?

@Johnmac can you define what you mean by quickly? I'm not on medication, but am on herbals and dessicated organs for adrenal support, and it seems the effect those are having on me is getting stronger. I'm thinking if my energy starts getting to a place of feeling a little too much, then...
  25. sheclimber

ok, so it looks like i'm not quite right on the adob12 part, so it's already time for an update. If i'm reading correctly, then once a week, one MeB12 dose will be replaced with 30-50mg AdoB12. The AdoB12 will be taken 1/2 tab at a time over 4-5 hours, away from all MeB12. @Freddd (not sure if...
  26. sheclimber

sheclimber

Let's get this sh!t figured out!
  27. sheclimber

My Understanding of Freddd's Protocol

These are generalized guidelines, and everyone's process is very individual. You must do your own research to make sure that your implementation of the protocol is appropriate and safe for you. Keep a detailed journal. These are simply my notes in attempting to make sense of how to apply this...
  28. sheclimber

TMG, Sam-e, and the Deadlock Quartet

@acrosstheveil , @Freddd , or anyone else - are there starting and target dosages for SAMe and TMG? recommended brands?
  29. sheclimber

Can someone help me find deficiencies by nutrient?

Ah ha! I think this is what I was looking for when I started this thread: Symptoms by Deadlock Quartet and other nutrients
  30. sheclimber

Feeling awful six years into the protocol...advice?

@Idie - Do you think then that the sore throat and canker sores were symptoms of a methyl trap or an insufficiency of B12 relative to the amount of folate you were taking? (Forgive me if I have no idea what I'm taking about, I'm still just beginning to try and understand all this.) My canker...