• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Repairing the HPA axis , - how ...?

I used clonidine to calm down an over-active hpa axis/stress response after i worked out excessively without sufficient caloric intake. it worked pretty well.
  2. M

How I Recovered from Chronic Fatigue

no, i did not. which was pretty strange.
  3. M

Could you describe the feeling? I think I know what you're referring to but could you refresh my memory? Thanks!
  4. M

Ah gotcha. Thanks for clarifying. I'll shoot them an email and see what they say. I figure it probably should have showed up on one of the two tests though, no? I had also had parasitology done through my doc. The onset of my illness coinciding with PPI usage and worsening with RS leads me to...
  5. M

Here is page 1 - it states the title of the test and gives an overview of the results. If there is interest I can post all the pages, I just need some time to blot out my name haha. i wouldn't use the data solely on this page to assess my case - there's a lot more data in the rest of the test...
  6. M

@Hip No Giardia or other parasites showed up on the Genova test. I'd had parasite stool testing done through my GP as well with nothing showing up there either. It was the GI Effects stool profile test. It says "DNA by PCR" on the GI microbiome page of the test -- that is "sequencing", no? I...
  7. M

Dear PR Community, I'm writing this post in hopes that it helps those who are suffering and have suffered for years, as I did. The aim of this post is to describe my journey of poor health and detail how I recovered from years of chronic fatigue. You'll notice that I have left out the word...
  8. M

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

Thanks. I couldn't find it in there but that document has some good data regardless. Years ago I took a whole lot of supplements to try to deal with my acne. Turmeric included.. I would mix it into water. One of the supplements I took absolved me of several lifelong cognitive/psychological...
  9. M

Cheers. Pretty interesting molecule. Can't seem to find out how much turmerone (i.e. in mg) there would be in 1 g of turmeric. Any idea?
  10. M

lol i would never want to be cured from severe mangoes!
  11. M

what is the importance of using turmeric and not curcumin? is curcumin not the active component anyway? or is there other stuff in turmeric that Curcumin only supplements don't have?
  12. M

Anxiety, Ammonia, and the NMDA Receptor

Gestalt - What dose/brand of Yucca do you recommend? Thanks in advance. EDIT - found the answer elsewhere in your postings.