• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. F

Nausea, cold extremities, and peeing lots!

I have relapsed recently and am currently experiencing usual fatigue etc, but also a storm of nasty neurological symptoms and I’m not sure what I can do to control them. the symptoms are: Nausea cold feet needing to urinate very frequently dizziness shaking hands tinnitus arm and leg muscle...
  2. F

Burning neuropathic pain - help please

Thanks everyone for your input and thoughts on the matter of burning pain. Yes, it is interesting how different people respond to the same doses of the same drugs. I have heard of a lot of people with ME suffering quite noticeable effects from gabapentin. But for me it doesn't give me any side...
  3. F

Improvement and the danger of overactivity during relapse

I have had ME for 20 years, with relapses and remissions. I have had good years when I have been able to work. I have also had very bad months when I have been housebound. I had a very severe relapse in October last year (2014) and in the 4 months since I have had ups and downs, but had managed...
  4. F

Burning neuropathic pain - help please

I am having a lot of problems with burning pain, mainly on my legs but also on my arms and sometimes on my shoulders. The burning feels like someone has spread hot chillis on my skin. It’s not a dull ache nor a shooting pain; it doesn’t feel like it is deep in the muscle, but maybe that is just...
  5. F

Tingling inside head

Does anyone get this symptom: a tingling sensation inside the head. It's a bit like a diffuse zone of electrical fuzz inside my head. It's not there all the time but comes and goes. Could this be inflammation? Or hypoperfusion? If you've had this symptom, what treatment eased it. Any tips...
  6. F

Nausea: how to treat it?

I've just realised that cyclizine, which I have tried, is an anti-histamine. Maybe other antihistamines are better at treating nausea??
  7. F

That's interesting - I have problems with sleep and have been using an anti-histamine based drug to help with sleep and it seems to have help a bit. I suppose feeling more sedated but less nausea is a worthwhile trade?? Not heard of this - I wonder if I can get this in the UK. Will...
  8. F

Hi I've tried cyclizine, metoclopramide, buccastem and cinnarizine without much help. I've also tried betahistine. I have a lot of gastric reflux normally, and have gaviscon advanced for that - sometimes I wonder whether Gastric Reflux contributed to this relapse - I had been having lots of it...
  9. F

Interesting - do you mind me asking how you know this? Thanks.
  10. F

No, I haven't. Do you think it will work on the neurological nausea? I thought ginger was good for stomach nausea. Thanks.
  11. F

I have always experienced nausea when in my relapse periods. It is one of my most disabling symptoms. I can walk around my flat and do very basic tasks, but nausea prevents me from being able to focus on things. It is very severe - I retch at times, though don't feel like vomiting. My nausea...
  12. F

Night sweats.

Yes, I have night sweats at the moment. They are a real pain. I am relapsed last October and have had them most nights since then. I sympathise. I bought a "Chillow" to try and keep me a bit cooler in the night. It is a water-filled pillow that you can slip inside a normal pillow. It has helped...
  13. F

Delayed post-exertional malaise (PEM): can it be caused by mental over-exertion alone?

Delayed post-exertional malaise (PEM): can it be caused by mental over-exertion alone? I’m sure this question is a common one! I’m trying to improve my understanding of PEM from mental and/or physical activity, as I’m currently really struggling, despite having suffered with ME for 20 years...