• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Kenshin

Why does sugar stop my runny nose?

I eat simple sugars because I have trouble digesting complex carbs and fibre. If it's enough sugar it can bizarrely do all sorts of beneficial things by raising metabolism. Obviously you would only want to use sugar as a temporary solution for raising metabolism.
  2. Kenshin

Who else here is in their 20's?

I'm 31, twenties were mostly spent in a dark room in pain. You're asking the right questions and seem wiser than I was at your age. An astute mind is always helpful, true it would be far more in use if you were healthy, but in this state of illness you will find more ways to adapt and cope...
  3. Kenshin

Unnerving symptom

This has been very helpful info for me right now, I'm doing enforced rest for some weeks and gaining some benefits by getting into the parasympathetic mode. So far: - My mood has improved aswell as mental clarity. - Digestion slightly improved. - Pain is reduced in a small but significant way...
  4. Kenshin

Unnerving symptom

I get this and sometimes the gut symptom of feeling coated in something. @WoolPippi Good advice, I also improve at night, I wonder about changing my sleep cycle so I'm sleeping through the day and the worst of the symptoms, although I already sleep late. High calories and carbohydrate...
  5. Kenshin

Remission success. How?

I'm a "Vatha" type according to Ayurveda, which is interesting that M.E is considered a vitiation of Vatha dosha. I think Ghee is a very healthy food and Indian Ayurvedic massage the best in the world, and they do help me feel generally a bit healthier, but it's by no means a cure. Some...
  6. Kenshin

Community symposium on molecular basis of ME/CFS at Stanford Discussion Thread

My immediate response to that is how do we lower tryptophan, stop eating turkey? :D
  7. Kenshin

Why is ME energy-related symptomatology so different from diabetes?

My Ferritin was over 1000 when I was malnourished. It was not due to infection, it eventually went normal after regaining weight, I don't have both genes to be susceptable to hemochromatosis, but it is interesting that there are other iron disorders.
  8. Kenshin

Starting Copaxone

Yeah, hope it works for you @MartinDH
  9. Kenshin

Anyone else sometimes just can’t speak?

I get words mixed up in a sentence, and when I'm bad I slur a bit. M.E's effect on cognition can be severe. I have terrible memory recall for words, can only think on a narrow track of thought, and cannot go on tangents or everything in my mind dissapears.
  10. Kenshin

Full-length video on the historic scandalous medical treatment of ME by Dr Macintyre

I kind of want him to still be alive so we can learn more about how people with Cfs have "profound psycho sexual difficulty" :rofl::bang-head: Look this emoji is him: :nerd: ← dikhead.
  11. Kenshin

Jennifer Brea: I have craniocervical and atlantoaxial instability

How would I get tested for this in UK? I have most of the classic M.E symptoms and I notice some loose joints, thumbs bend more than usual, knee caps wobble etc.
  12. Kenshin

Dr. Jay Goldstein's Rapid Remission ME/CFS Treatments.

I want to try nitric oxide since it seems worth a try, where can I buy Isosorbide Dinitrate in U.K? Is it prescription only?
  13. Kenshin

A Brutally Honest Thread? * Possibly Not for the Faint of Heart

Yes, Kenshin the samurai, but It's been a long time since I saw the series, if you've seen it 7 times then you know it better than me. I also will check out old boy which I've heard of but not yet seen. I feel this illness as a torturous prison, with seemingly no way out. Is there a way out? Or...
  14. Kenshin

Not to turn this into a movie thread but "Heat" (1995) is one that had me break a sweat the first time I saw the bank job. Both Heat and Fury Road are worth multiple viewings, Heat for the plot, Fury road for the scenery. And Equalizer (Denzel Washington), of which the sequel is out soon.
  15. Kenshin

That's a great film, I usually cant stand "action packed" movie's, but Fury Road is insanely watchable. We are broken, but still here. Is death anything more than the body "ceasing to move"? How much do we care that we are confined to a bed our whole life, almost "ceasing to move."? Pain...
  16. Kenshin

Howard Bloom talks about recovering from MECFS

Some of the sprays say 10iu per spray, that seems on par with the doses you woud get with injections of oxytocin, but who knows how it is absorbed and if its one of those things that works straight away or takes days or months.
  17. Kenshin

Heat intolerance - common in ME/cfs

I didn't know cancer patients got worse in heat, leukaemia is interesting because many M.e/cfs patients have vascular problems, wether p.o.t.s or their other symptoms get worse when they stand. The drained, head spinning, lead weight, high pitched, tinitus feeling M.E patients are familiar with...
  18. Kenshin

Howard Bloom talks about recovering from MECFS

According to the NYtimes article he's on 30 pills a day, so it's not just gabapentin and Oxytocin. Im interested in trying Oxytocin but have no idea what type I'm supposed to take or where to get it.
  19. Kenshin

Healthy food makes me worse...?

I eat wheat and dairy with some guilt in the back of my mind, because everywhere I read anything on health and diet it says grain and dairy are the spawn of satan and cause inflammation, ibs, and fatiiigue. But how evil can a pizza be? (Which also contains the dreaded nightshade tomatoe) I...
  20. Kenshin

Heat intolerance - common in ME/cfs

Im just the same, when I drink water I feel little to no benefit, but a cold shower - instant benefit, doesn't last long though. The best bet is a portable air conditioner, they are very easy to use but expensive, you can get a good one for £500
  21. Kenshin

Can’t sleep in. Can’t nap. Misery. Anyone have this symptom?

Can you feel if your cortisol is high, ie effect of cortisol = Stress/adrenaline? When I wake up in the morning I have to get up, even if I have to drag myself back half hour later. Would testosterone therapy reduce cortisol since they are opposing hormones supposedly if one goes up the other...
  22. Kenshin

The Effect of Testosterone Replacement on Endogenous Inflammatory Cytokines

I too have read mixed reviews about gels, most of the gels say they contain around 10mg of Testosterone per pump, of course how much of that is actually absorbed is another measurement. @TiredBill It's great when something works isn't it? Testosterone has numerous health benefits in men, even...
  23. Kenshin

The Effect of Testosterone Replacement on Endogenous Inflammatory Cytokines

Can you work out how much (Mg) of testosterone they were on? Also do you know if the body shuts down its own testosterone production relative to the amount of exogenous testosterone used, e.g would low doses of testosterone such as what you would get from a gel/cream warrant PCT? Thanks.
  24. Kenshin

POLL: Are you a primarily mouth breather or nose breather?

You should be a security guard. :D
  25. Kenshin

A Metabolic Trap for ME/CFS?

Are there any key points about how sleep effects the metabolic trap, and vice versa? Many people with M.E report feeling terrible after napping in the daytime. Collaborative evidence emerging. :)
  26. Kenshin

There will never be a cure for CFS...

Could you elaborate on this? Sounds interesting.
  27. Kenshin

Any research about ME/CFS being CAUSED by emotional trauma?

During a remmision my deppression lifts, but the question is does my mood normalise as an after response (because Im happy to be feeling better). Or because the CFS was directly causing deppression by causing a chemical imbalance.
  28. Kenshin

Any research about ME/CFS being CAUSED by emotional trauma?

I think it's worth exploring. What does repeated extreme stress and trauma do to the body? What happens to a growing body if the trauma it is exposed to creates enough adrenaline to makes the heart feel like it will explode and the limbs go limp? If that happens every day or every week over a...
  29. Kenshin

A biomarker soon followed by a cure. That is heaven.
  30. Kenshin

I would need air con 24/7, I love the sun, but constant heat makes me feel...Do I even need to use an adjective at this point? I think we are all familiar with the peculier form of torure known as M.E/Cfs. :bang-head: