• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. U

Why would Niacin cause depression?

Try drinking some coffee, especially if you don't normally drink it. Did you make any major lifestyle changes from last year to this year (lose weight, increase exercise, change sleep schedule, etc)? I would bet a lot of money that the depression is a result of the niacin trying to raise your...
  2. U

Net-net niacin will decrease dopamine but it will increase it slightly in a particular area (I forget which area). Net-net yes you will have less dopamine. Niacin can also reduce epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine. Niacin causing depression doesn't mean you necessarily have low...
  3. U

To clarify the above - its a good sign because it means your rejecting the higher levels of serotonin because you don't want to succumb to the "relax, be happy, give up" signals of serotonin. If niacin makes you "happy" then it means you've embraced the feeling of helplessness.
  4. U

Hey yes this exact same thing happens to me. Every time I take niacin, even when not taking any other supplements, I become depressed for several days and sometimes a full week or more. Niacin in supplemental doses can increase serotonin levels which, contrary to popular belief, actually can...
  5. U

Turns out I have lyme disease - how does methyl B12 affect toxins?

It turns out my problems are due to lyme disease, which has shown some response to antibiotics. Does anyone know if there is any research on how methyl B12 and methylation in general interact with lyme toxins? (toxins produced from the lyme and not necessarily during die off). Many sources...
  6. U

Methyl B12 feel dizzy after eating

UPDATE: Not sure if I posted this here or not - but shortly after this post, when I still felt "toxins" floating in my brain, part of my brain just "shut off." That was almost 4 months ago. I haven't been able to access part of my brain (feels like the front) that whole time. SPECT scan came...
  7. U

Is it okay to take methyl B12 and activated charcoal together?

Is it okay to take methyl B12 and then a couple hours later take activated charcoal to soak up some toxins? Or, would the activated charcoal render the B12 useless? Thanks!
  8. U

If uranium is the issue - and the uranium is in the brain area - has anyone had any luck chelating this? From what I am reading it seems unclear what type of chelation works for uranium? Thanks,
  9. U

Just found out that Uranium is normally high in CT so that may not be the cause of the problems.
  10. U

I live in NYC and CT. haha I haven't worked out in a year and have low muscle mass. I do a lot of running. Thanks,
  11. U

First round of tests came back! -Uranium is extremely high (.83 compared to .06 reference) -Creatinine is high -Copper is high -Ammonia is high More to follow next week. Thoughts? Thanks,
  12. U

MRI came back "normal" still waiting on other tests.
  13. U

Thanks for the reply and info! I do have insurance now - but just paid out of pocket for the following tests through Amy Yasko (if it will stop the ship from sinking, I will gladly dump all the treasure (scraps) overboard): Hair Elements Methylation Profile Urine Toxic & Essential Elements...
  14. U

Also to add some more description - it literally feels like my brain is rotting. After taking the methyl B12 I now feel as if I don't even notice what I am missing as much (similar to the lithium). I feel calm / too "happy" in some ways but I know something is very, very wrong. I am noticing...
  15. U

Several years earlier I had developed some social anxiety and some slight seasonal depression (not severe at all, just would feel a little down in the winter, and never required treatment). It was never really a problem but I thought I would experiment with potential solutions (I was also...
  16. U

Thanks for the info! I don't remember what I ate that day but I likely had a turkey bacon cheddar sandwich with some onion on it. So the MB12 did make me really really dizzy when I would finish eating a meal... should I start it again? Are there any possible problems that could occur if I...
  17. U

7/20 took one pill 7.5 mg Methylfolate (deplin) - Felt brain fogged for several days and thought (incorrectly) that I was overmethylating 7/24 took one 500 mg dose of Niacin - This is where my life changed. I felt extremely "trippy" for several days from the niacin. I could hear all of the...
  18. U

Lithium was a small dose supplement to help "transport" B12. The problems really step from the niacin which I think may have ruptured the fat cells and released toxic metals.
  19. U

Nope. However, I started taking the MB12 because I have been having some problems the past couple of months that I am now thinking might be due to heavy metal issues (used to think it was a methylation problem). Life was great until 4 months ago when I took a large dose of methylfolate and...
  20. U

I just started taking 1 mg MB12 three days ago. For the past two days, after I eat a meal, I feel really really dizzy for a good 2-3 hours. I don't feel nauseous really - but the room is spinning around as if I have had way too much to drink - and I just want to lie down. My thoughts are also...