• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. TheWig

Regarding SEID

I am sure this has been covered extensively already. But I wanted to get the communities two cents on the new name for CFS. For those who don't know, a recent report from the IOM changed the name from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome to Systemic Exertion Intolerance Disease (SEID). The thought behind...
  2. TheWig

Coenzyme Q10 and Ubiquinol

Ubiquinol is the form you want to supplement. It's more expensive, but its the form that the body can absorb and utilize far more readily.
  3. TheWig

Does anyone take echinacea anymore?

Hope no one is taking the GNC brand echinacea. It was one of the herbal supplements examined by the New York State attorney generals office. Found to contain zero echinacea. Really got to be careful where you get your supps from these days.
  4. TheWig

Glutathione and sleep

I will have to check out that formula by Dr Kaiser. The one I am taking is called GSH Gold, it is quite new from what I gather. The customer service is fantastic though, very helpful, unlike a few others I have been in contact with over the years.
  5. TheWig

Glutathione and sleep

Glutathione is a tricky supplement, at least to supplement it correctly. Right now I take a GSH complex containing L-glutathione, NAC, B12 (methylcobalamin), Folate (5-mthf), ALA, ALC, Milk thistle, Selenium and a few other vitamins. At first I noticed I felt a bit bogged down, almost felt like...
  6. TheWig

Glutathione - women

Not sure about women having less glutathione than men. Here is a piece on women with higher glutathione levels from 60-103 years of age being in better physical and mental condition. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12486409 I know it wasn't your question, but I would be curious to know the...
  7. TheWig

Thorne B complex

Quatrefolic is :thumbsup: [6S]-5-Methyltetrahydrofolic Acid Glucosamine Salt.
  8. TheWig

Best supps for depression other than B12, folate and magnesium?

Fish oil is a major one for brain health. SAM-e is popular for depression as well (as someone already mentioned above). Acetyl L-Carnitine + Alpha Lipoic Acid taken together are fantastic for cognitive health and balance as well. I am also a big believer in L-Glutathione + N Acetylcysteine.
  9. TheWig

i.v. glutathione

I wouldn't bother with IV, in order to sustain high levels you will need to visit the doc every week, if not more. You can supplement glutathione orally, despite the common misconception that it is entirely broken down in the gut, a recent study proved that supplementing with L-glutathione...
  10. TheWig

Hair suddenly extremely oily- causes?

Agreed with Halcyon, if there were any major changes in your diet or you have started a radically different supplement program, that could affect it. Did you recently buy a convertible? Haha. Tip to reduce the oil, sprinkle some baking soda right near your scalp and gently rub it in. Great...
  11. TheWig

Autistic infant improves with Vitamin D

Supplementing with D seems like such a no-brainer, for everyone! Personally I take between 7,000 - 12,000 IU of D3 each and every day. This reminds me of an article I read recently on the effects of Glutathione / NAC for autism. Certainly some promising studies being done on this front. Always...
  12. TheWig

Best for of Curcumin?

Not sure about which brands are the best, but I have certainly read that Curcumin paired with Black pepper extract is far more effective. I think the Bioperine website states it is absorbed 2000x better if I remember correctly. Also, have you looked at phosphatidylserine?
  13. TheWig

Calcium and Vitamin D2?

Considering the extremely low dosage of D, I would probably want to supplement with D3 cholecalciferol on top of the calcium supplement to ensure optimal absorption. Don't forget to add K2 in there as well if you are not getting enough in your diet.
  14. TheWig

Research links personality to immune health

I recently read this book actually. It was quite well done and well worth a read. I did however find it quite bias, toward the introvert of course. Not necessarily a bad thing, I mean, that's what it was written for right!
  15. TheWig

Comment by 'TheWig' in 'Dr. Ben's MTHFRAde'

Going to have to check what the Twinlab amino mix is all about as I have never used it before, but I love this idea!
  16. TheWig

Research links personality to immune health

Very interesting... I would be interested to see if the results stood true in an even higher sample size than 121. Either way, I guess it kind of makes sense. Crazy researchers at it again!
  17. TheWig

New Baby was born Monday to John66 and wife

Beautiful baby, love the full head of hair :) Congratulations on this blessing.
  18. TheWig

MTHFR COMT and Anxiety/Depression... need help

Hey Mike, Sounds like you are on the right track with methylfolate. As far as dosage, I personally take 800 mcg per day. However I also supplement the other B's like B12 methylcobalamin, riboflavin and pyridoxal-5-phosphate. My routine also includes plenty of Vitamin D3, at least 10,000 IU per...