• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. breeisreallyawesome

Symptoms and results. Please help.

They're sending me to the MS clinic/neuro-musclular research center (or something along those lines). They can't get me in until March 3rd.
  2. breeisreallyawesome

They're sending me to Vanderbilt. I've heard it sucks to go there unless you have a surgical case, but with my insurance, I can't pick and choose. It all depends on referrals. :(
  3. breeisreallyawesome

Thank you all! I have put these in my notes as well as bookmarked this group for my GP to look over tomorrow. I will let you know what course of tests she's decided to run and get back with you on that, as well as results from whatever tests she decides to run (even if the result takes time to...
  4. breeisreallyawesome

I live in Western Kentucky. Right by Kentucky lake.
  5. breeisreallyawesome

How exactly do they go about diagnosis ME? I've just read on the symptoms and it is almost mirror imaged to what I'm going through. Any specific tests that need to be ran? Does it pick up on CT or MRI?
  6. breeisreallyawesome

I'm definitely bringing all of this to my GP's attention on my Friday appointment. You guys are awesome as far as being helpful and giving me things to think about that I hadn't thought about before, or even my doctors. I will be sure to let you know what the Friday appointment yields. Hoping...
  7. breeisreallyawesome

Definitely not wanting to repeat a spinal tap if I can help it. hahah. I appreciate all of the help. The ER doc also left a message with my GP stating that he recommends that since I've gone a year without a diagnosis that I get referred to a center that specializes in cases such as this...
  8. breeisreallyawesome

I've never had chicken pox, so shingles is nearly impossible. They told me the name at the time, but I can't remember what it was. All I know is that at that time, only 12 people in the US contracted it in a year. They said it will never go away, but could remain dormant for a long time or even...
  9. breeisreallyawesome

I suffer from a great deal of these symptoms. To answer some of your questions: I went to the ER last night for what I thought was a heart attack. Severe chest pains, heart pals, labored breathing, losing consciousness. They did the D-dimer, which was positive, so they did a chest x-ray as well...
  10. breeisreallyawesome

MRI of brain and C-spine only showed bone spurring along my spine.
  11. breeisreallyawesome

It's been about a year of not being able to live life normally. I honestly don't know if I can keep doing this. A year old doctors, getting poked, prodded, scanned, all with no result. I have medical card so I'm sure most of this amounts to doctor's just dragging their feet and trying to soak up...