• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Lots of test results. Uncertain how to proceed

sunlight, good water, and magnetism have helped me big time. I'll be moving to playa del carmen for 8 months to improve on my results.
  2. D

Anybody else using DIY transdermal B12?

I wonder if one could stop taking lithium if they are taking TD B12 since the absorption rate is much more efficient.
  3. D

@Johnmac You wrote: "I've used a mix of methylfolate, methyl B12, B2 & B1 - crushed & mixed with oil, then applied to my skin for a few hours under a bandage. (The B2 & B1 were on the recommendation of Greg the Australian B12 oils guy, who says that B2 helps B12 a lot, & B1 helps B2.)" Why...
  4. D

What is the difference of potency between methods. How much less would one have to use of the transdermal compared to sublingual?
  5. D

@Johnmac Why couldn't you just take a b complex pill and the b12 transdermally?
  6. D

@Little Bluestem Does the liquid stain the skin? Why did you decide to switch from tablets?
  7. D

@Little Bluestem How have you been doing with your B12?
  8. D

Vitamin B questions. What order to start them?

@minkeygirl How did you experimenting with different doses work out?
  9. D

recent Mercury (Blood) test: 21 < 29 nmol/L
  10. D

I've been taking 1200mg of NAC, 600mg in the morning and 600mg before bed, with no noticeable positive or negative effects. Any idea what side effects, positive or negative, I should look for?
  11. D

Rs909525: T=Less Aggressive. Meaning I'm more likely to not have the warrior gene
  12. D

I thought I had to clear the detox pathways before taking out amalgams.
  13. D

@caledonia I'll check on the MAO A mutation. High Folate and Low B-12 Level leads to anemia 3. Other Vitamin or Mineral Deficiencies — Deficiencies in vitamin C, or the B complex (especially niacin) and minerals like iron, selenium, chromium and especially manganese and molybdenum can also...
  14. D

@caledonia some new lab results: Iron LO 13 14-29 umol/L Iron Binding Capacity 49 45 - 72 umol/L Iron Saturation 0.27 0.20 - 0.50 Hematocrit 0.433 0.400 - 0.500 L/L Ferritin 50 22 - 322 ug/L General Chemistry Sodium 139 135 - 147 mmol/L Potassium (Plasma) 3.7 3.4 - 4.5 mmol/L Bilirubin...
  15. D

@caledonia How do I determine how well I am able to detox? How can I improve my ability to detox?
  16. D

@caledonia Can you explain the difference and what the significance is? I was eating a lot of high mercury foods without knowing it so that may have been the reason for the high mercury. If my detox pathways are not working properly, couldn't using a sauna have negative consequences?
  17. D

I get body odor and bad breath if I eat moderate amount of broccoli (and perhaps a 1-2 small cloves of garlic a day) but it's not a garlic smell that I emit, it's a sulfur smell. Does that have to do with the CBS gene or more indicative that my detox pathways are bad? Would the Heartfixer...
  18. D

@Valentijn My NutrEval results show high mercury and α-Ketophenylacetic Acid levels. Sulfate is a methylation issue and doctors have no idea about methylation
  19. D

If I were to test sulfate via Quest Diagnostics and it shows that I have normal levels, can we then conclude that sulfate is not an issue for me? Are there other ways to clear up the detox pathways without taking methylfolate?
  20. D

I get low potassium symptoms, when I take as little as 200mcg. The only reaction I get to methylB12 is become slightly hyper but no where near like I would with even a few sips of decaf starbucks.
  21. D

So what is the most accurate, reliable source of info then?
  22. D

Does eating a "normal" quantity of veggies lead to potassium depletion like supplementing with metafolin does? Isn't the potassium depletion a sign that metafolin is working in someone that is deficient in folate?
  23. D

Just ordered my urine sulfate strips off amazon so will test by Sunday
  24. D

So a high-veggie diet can be consumed instead of taking folate? What quantity of vegies are we talking about?
  25. D

by Dr Lynch on March 1, 2012 in MTHFR Mutations Methylfolate is a remarkable nutrient yet it can create significant side effects. Those who have MTHFR mutations (especially the C677T MTHFR mutation) learn that methylfolate is critical to take. The issue is methylfolate can cause more harm...
  26. D

I attempted Fred's protocol having the following supplements already in place: A,C,D, E, B-complex twice a day (with low enough B1, B2 and B3), calcium, magnesium, zinc, trace minerals, selenium (to neutralize any mercury that is running loose), chromium GTF, Omega3 via walk Alaskan salmon. Then...
  27. D

@caledonia - Although I am homozygous for BHMT-02, BHMT-08, and CBS C699T, what about my lab results makes you think that my transsulfuration pathway is blocked? Does my sulfate and ammonia seem high? Oxidative Stress (Jan 2014): Sulphate: 4.5..range 3.0-5.9 mg/dL NutrEval (Sep/Oct 2015)...
  28. D

@Valentijn - So Yasko has no citations to back up her claims about the CBS gene? So what is she basing it on?
  29. D

@caledonia - Until I reach the methylation phase, should I be taking the minimal amount of supplements as they likely will not be absorbing? That includes not taking any B12 or lithium supplement? After I deal with the CBS mutation, should I redo any of the tests before moving on the...
  30. D

I believe homocysteine should be <6