• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. P

Ashwagandha, Hyperthyroidism and CFS

Keen to try Ashwagandha however I know folks with CFS have mixed responses to this. I'm also aware that in some individuals it can prompt a hyperthyroid response? Interested to hear your experiences and when it might not be appropriate to take it. Thanks!
  2. P

Supplements?

Hello If you guys are anything like me you have a pantry full of half or barely used supplements that either didn't work or caused a negative reaction (and thus you couldn't continue with them) So before I drop another $60 on a supplement I thought I would see if I can get my hands on a...
  3. P

Did addressing SNPs help you?

Thanks Ahmo! I don't suppose you have you have any Sulfur testing strips hanging around that you'd like to sell - I looked into buying some but would prefer not to buy 100
  4. P

Thank you for taking the time @Valentijn and @stridor - these comments are really helpful
  5. P

Hello I'm curious to know how many members saw major improvement after supplementing for SNP? (Or know of members who did) Until now I've avoided this as, it all looked rather complicated (and possibly expensive) Also there seems to be some debate about which SNPs are important to address...
  6. P

Anyone have a copy of Gupta or DNRS they'ed like to sell?

Hello Although much maligned ;) I'd like to give Gupta or Dynamic Neural Retraining System a go. Does anyone have a used copy of the DVD set they would lie to sell? Thanks!
  7. P

Need help with understanding folate and folic acid

The vaping sounds facinating! Would definitely be up for giving that a go once I'm up and running
  8. P

Thanks Ahmo! (And special hellos because you are a fellow Aussie :) This is great info. I Was also wondering about your Mb12. You mentioned you take 20mgs a day. Do you take it sublingually and if so are you using the country life brand Or possibly chowing down on a whole container or life...
  9. P

B vitamins

Thank you all. This is very very helpful. @Victronix would you mind sharing what brands you are using of the b1, b2 and b3 and the dosages you take (just to get a starting point ;) @Gondwanaland. I'm glad you vote for niacin. I was leaning in that direction.
  10. P

Hey Ahmo, Could you tell me what brands of Mb12, Mfolate and K you are using and how you do K by footbath? I'm also curious to know - did you start with low folate or b12 showing on blood tests or were they normal? Thanks :)
  11. P

B vitamins

Hello all :) Im preparing to start Freds B12 protocol. I want to mix my own B Vit and was hoping to solicit some sage advice on different forms of Bs ;) B1 - Im currently taking lipothiamine - fat soluble B1 (50mgs per day) - based on a doctors recommendation B2 - Any differences or...