• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Benifical Subtle Energy Healing Technique

David, I can't thank you enough for this information. It is all right up my alley with respect to healing. I've been doing the naval and third eye connection -- love its subtle rejuvenation of a deep life force meridian. I found your health coach's website through his book link. Do you see him...
  2. J

Hi, David. Thank you for your reply!! I'm not sure how I found your post -- some sort of google search returned it, I think. But it's a nifty little idea your health practitioner had here. I think it's tricky to know what frequency we are at. Yesterday, I started with 30 Hertz in the AM. It felt...
  3. J

Hey, David. I realize this thread is old, but I have a quick question if you can remember. Why is it important to start at the lower frequency? Wouldn't it be fine to just start with the 60 Hertz? Thanks!!
  4. J

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into it. It's hard for me to justify putting more meds in my gut when I just don't have any gut symptoms. I will definitely keep those here posted if I find any other nuggets of promise.
  5. J

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

I've also read all of the recovery stories online. What makes my trial of xifaxan different from others here is that my benefits were seen within a few days of taking it but went away while I was still on it. I continued for ten days with no benefit whatsoever. So I don't think shelling out...
  6. J

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

Yes, all of my symptoms returned towards the end of my two week course. I'm in the midst of trying to figure out what happened. It was too drastic of a change to have not been related in some way. It could possibly have been driven by the mitochondria supplements I was taking as well, but I'd...
  7. J

Xifaxan/Rifaximim

Hi, everyone. Another positive story here. I've had severe CFS for nearly seven years, bedridden and relying on cargivers for the past two years. I started xifaxan five days ago and I already have a 50-60% (maybe more!) reduction in all symptoms. Fatigue, brain fog, pots, endurance, etc ALL...
  8. J

Detection of Mycotoxins in Patients with CFS

What happened to Albers Pharmacy? That's where Brewer had me getting my most recent nystatin prescriptions. Has it changed again?
  9. J

Did Brewer mention if he has ideas explaining who would respond and who wouldn't? I'm one of the 20% -- been doing this treatment for 18 months with no related improvement. It's been a lot of time and money invested since Brewer kept encouraging me to keep going. I have never had sinus symptoms...
  10. J

Skiii, TAG pharmacy now has a voicemail like ASL stating it is closed. I tried to call the number on their website today.
  11. J

Thanks, @Skiii. I have contacted Dr Brewer's office and am waiting for them to give the ok on a new compounding pharmacy. Since my insurance doesn't cover the compounded nystatin it's not in my best interest to shell out the money until I know TAG is reliable. I'm glad ASL sent their scrips over...
  12. J

Thanks, @Ifish. I've heard Brewer report about his other sinus symptom free patients too, but just haven't heard the theory behind it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with a protective biofilm over the mold such that the immune system basically stops recognizing it as invasive and stops...
  13. J

Hi all... Can anyone here remind me of why Dr Brewer says the mold is in the sinuses even without sinus symptoms? Mold was definitely my last straw in developing severe CFS but I haven't ever had the chronic sinusitis that so many here do. However, lately, I've developed some daily stuffiness...
  14. J

I'm so glad this was posted here. What's strange is I've been communicating with dr brewer this week and he mentioned nothing about this. I have about ten days left of nystatin. @Ifish will you let us know if you hear of the new plan? Any guess to what is the minimum dose for rationing at this...
  15. J

Following the trend and posting my update. :) I've been doing the brewer protocol for 11 months. Six months Ampho b with enormous side effects. Five months now with nystatin. I've played with every other day and every day. It doesn't really seem to matter (I've never felt a strong die off...
  16. J

Small B12 brand experiment

Thanks, that's a good suggestion with CL. I'm way too sick to crush tablets and make up my own oil at this time. If I recall correctly, @Journeyman had teeth problems from Country Life despite the absence of sugars and acids?
  17. J

Yes, I rubbed it in well. It's so strange that I am not responding to it. I'd love to try it on my feet but financially I can't afford the oils right now.
  18. J

Just wanted to add my two cents here. I just finished my first bottles of the oils. Maybe it's dosing/absorption but unlike most here, I didn't get nearly enough b12 in my system. I did two squirts each day of mb12 and adb12. Today, I put 2.5mg jarrow meb12 under my tongue and immediately felt...
  19. J

That's good info, @Skiii. Thanks. If anyone finds an alternative source for the compounded nasal nystatin from ASL, please let me know. It is not covered by my insurance (nor is the RTL mycotoxin assay).
  20. J

Thanks all! Brain fog moment -- I have been using 15ml (up to the line on the cup). The marking on the cup has worn off a bit now so I only read a 5ml when I looked this week. Soooo...that doesn't explain why for three months my nystatin was a gel consistency. Fortunately, I don't think that...
  21. J

Hi guys. Quick nystatin question. Noticed this week that my nystatin powder was no longer creating a thick gel-like substance when mixed with the 5ml distilled water. I called ASL and thy said it shouldn't have ever thickened up in the first place. They suggested using 10ml water. Do other...
  22. J

Wonderful news! So happy for you and your husband. Thanks for sharing. Out of curiosity-- Is he taking the nystatin daily?
  23. J

Yep - always rinse after sauna and bath. It seems to be histamine related. I took some Benadryl a couple of nights to help with sleep -- no rash after morning sauna after those nights. But last night, no Benadryl and then has a rash this am. Still thinking it must be a good sign.
  24. J

Hi guys. I'm going through a phase with a lot of rashes and itching following sauna or Epsom salt baths (these have never caused this in the past). The sauna is also causing nausea after about 20 minutes. The rashes are not related to supplements or food so I'm inclined to think its a detox...
  25. J

@Ifish - thanks so much for your updates. Did Brewer mention anything about the importance of the chelating px? I'm experiencing much less inflammation without it (just using nystatin every other day for now) but I want to make sure I'm getting the biofilms removed somehow. Last time I spoke...
  26. J

Starting mega doses methylcobalamin/methylfolate

Hi all. So I've had a huge bust after a nice boom when adding in LCF. It seems like this is common and possibly indicates another deficiency. I just don't know which one. I had a more pleasant couple of weeks at when I added in 1/4 of an 855mg LCF capsule. All parts of DQ in place with a good...
  27. J

Hi everyone. I'm also having to stop the b12 lozenges due to teeth issues and I am ordering from b12oils,com. At first I was only going to order the meb12 but then decided to get the adb12 oil as well. Does anyone else use both of these separately? They have a combo me12/adb12 product that they...
  28. J

The RTL test I was referring to is a urine test for mycotoxins to see if they're present in your body. :)
  29. J

Hi @pirt. Thanks for your info. Did you have a positive mycotoxin test from RTL? Thanks!
  30. J

Starting mega doses methylcobalamin/methylfolate

I am still having the tingling in feet! I only take 10-20mg b6 per day. Usually only 10. Is this enough to cause issue? I didn't think so. I take 5-10mg b12 each day Thanks for your post!