• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

Could there be mold issues?

Im wondering about getting some tests like HLA DR (and others dr.s like shoemaker recommend). Anyone know what HLA DR test Im looking for? The Quest form lists HLA DRB1 and HLA DRB 3,4,5...Labcorp website lists HLA DRB1,3,4,5 Intermediate resolution... Are either of these (or both) what Im...
  2. S

So who knows about American Medical Labs? Sounds like they have been doing the mycotoxin testing... but they have this endotoxin test, and now you can add their mycotoxin case study to that for another $150, and that's for 11 different mycotoxins vs the 3 RealTime Labs does (and American...
  3. S

So it looks Im going to Texas for a first (past Michigan)... Not sure if it's going to work as a "test", but even to just go there and I might (probably) disappoint some people if I don't lol. At least it's somewhere/people to go to and not deal with stuff from scratch for now...and leave some...
  4. S

My parents aren't willing to do (or find) anything, especially the level of effort it would require to properly do something, and if not done good it's not likely to be very effective. I guess keep looking for a place that looks good. and that's open to a few weeks to try and not long term...
  5. S

Seems to be a trek required to distance from the Ontario environment.... Planes would probably do me in with the sound hypersensitivity...buses not much better being alot longer trip...unless I can somehow hitch a ride, but even cars aren't that great. I was wondering about taking a train...
  6. S

Tenting in the snow....yay Not sure a trailer is much better, I picture those as being musty/mold issues, and the money would rent a decent place for awhile to try. Don't have anywhere much to go, or people to help with logistics at the other end, I do like the idea of leaving for a few weeks...
  7. S

I tried that VCS test 3 different times. The second time I tried hard by moving around/in/out and taking little breaks (stuff you're probably not meant to do) and just passed it. The others I failed. I found gentoxlabs.com which does the ERMI in Ontario...Not sure what they're like, although...
  8. S

Lisa - thanks for the information (link), I'll try to look through it, too bad I can't rightfully process it... How do I get this ERMI? Martial - I have heard of Buhner, but haven't really looked at it (so many people and ideas....). I had the 23andme done, Genetic genie shows the 3 MTHFR as...
  9. S

Not sure if this correct spot (or forum) to be asking. Ive read things here before and thought maybe it's time to join. I was diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome - whatever that means - and been unwell for years. Im in Canada and ended up seeing a couple doctors in the U.S. The first...