• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

EBV Ab VCA, IgG >8 What to do?

That's a relief. Thanks for your analysis. I had a cold that reoccurred a week later which is why I thought I had CFS. @bmoberg337 My doctor said that it might be fro E. coli but he didn't take anymore tests to see if that was the case.
  2. M

Thanks for your replies. @vamah I was tested for both hhv6 and cmv and came back negative. @Gingergrrl I was tested for EBV IgM and came back negative as well.
  3. M

No. My doctor told me that my EBV is not active. @Gingergrrl my symptoms include weakness, memory loss, forgetfulness, fatigue and all the symptoms that are included in CFS patients. For example, I could not get out of bed today except to cook food for myself. However, I had these symptoms long...
  4. M

What my concern is is that my EBV VCA IgG levels are high (above 8). I don't know what this means. I only know normal is >.80.
  5. M

Thanks for your reply. Just a question. Did the valcyte ever bring down you EBV VCA IgG levels down? Also my doctor told me that I had an infection in my urine. Do you think it could be lyme? Thanks.
  6. M

I read that Valtrex can lower my EBV count. Is this true? Do you guys know if I need to take this for someone in my case? Thanks!
  7. M

My doctor said that I have CFS because EBV IgG is above normal and I also had mono early last year. I felt like he didn't really have any expertise in this so I thought maybe I was misdiagnosed.
  8. M

Hi. I just got my test results back and my EBV count was EBV Ab VCA, IgG >8 while I had nothing listed under EBV Ab VCA, IgM. My doctor said my EBV Ab VCA, IgG was high. Normal range is <.80. So my question is what will my high EBV IgG titer do to my health. Does it mean that I have Chronic...